Upgrade

davidrsykes

Question

I had a registered version of EMC 7 and got an email offering me an upgrade to EMC 8 for £44.99, £15 less than the full retail price. It seemed a good deal but on checking round found it for £42.97 at Amazon. I contacted Roxio by email asking how a loyal customer could buy it from an independent retailer cheaper than from them. I got the standard automatic reply and nothing more. I was in PC World this morning and they were selling it for £39.99 so I bought it. I am pleased with what I have seen of it up to now but am still upset by Roxio's customer service.

Meggie

2 answers to this question

I understand that you are upset about being able to buy the program cheaper from a retailer than from Sonic directly. :huh: In the US, there is a practice of selling something well under the retail price (at a loss) in order to get you into the store or web site where; hopefully, you will buy something else. The two combined sales will result in a profit for the store. While you were on Amazon, did you look at the other things they had? Did you buy anything else? If not, you got a great deal; if so, you only got a good deal. I'm sure that practice is not restricted to the US.

Enjoy V8. Try the DVD music disc and the Panorama picture function. :)

I had a registered version of EMC 7 and got an email offering me an upgrade to EMC 8 for £44.99, £15 less than the full retail price. It seemed a good deal but on checking round found it for £42.97 at Amazon. I contacted Roxio by email asking how a loyal customer could buy it from an independent retailer cheaper than from them. I got the standard automatic reply and nothing more. I was in PC World this morning and they were selling it for £39.99 so I bought it. I am pleased with what I have seen of it up to now but am still upset by Roxio's customer service.

Meggie

I understand that you are upset about being able to buy the program cheaper from a retailer than from Sonic directly. :huh: In the US, there is a practice of selling something well under the retail price (at a loss) in order to get you into the store or web site where; hopefully, you will buy something else. The two combined sales will result in a profit for the store. While you were on Amazon, did you look at the other things they had? Did you buy anything else? If not, you got a great deal; if so, you only got a good deal. I'm sure that practice is not restricted to the US.

Enjoy V8. Try the DVD music disc and the Panorama picture function. :)

Ever see an "upgrade" offer from MS that you couldn't beat by shopping around?

Archived