Question

Hey everyone,

I'm on an iMac (Lion 10.6.8), running Toast 11 Titanium, and trying to burn a Blu-Ray DVD. I've installed the plug-in needed. However, the project will go through encoding and multi-plexing, and then give me "Error 4: Unstable Connection" once it starts the "writing" portion.

I'm using an external drive from MCE Technologies to do this (It's an LG Venus DS5). I've called their customer service and was told that they have never experience this particular issue with the drive. They suggest a software issue. The computer DOES recognize the drive, so I know that that isn't the issue. It connects via USB 2.0

So far, I have tried burning to both Memorex BD-R Blu-ray discs and Verbatim BD-R Blu-ray discs but have had no luck. I don't want to waste anymore discs, so will have to go and get a rewritable for future tests.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, thoughts, or experience with these issues? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Stokes

5 answers to this question

A couple things to try: One is to choose Save as Disc Image instead of clicking the burn button. When that is done choose the .toast file that is save using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window to burn the disc.

What version of Toast 11 are you using? If you are using 11.0.6 it may work better to use 11.0.4 for the disc burning; or wait a few days for the release of Toast 11.1.

What version of Toast 11 are you using? If you are using 11.0.6 it may work better to use 11.0.4 for the disc burning; or wait a few days for the release of Toast 11.1.

Hi Tsantee! Thanks for your reply!

I am using 11.0.6, but I will try your suggestions. Hoping to fix the problem. Over in the discussion groups at Apple, they are saying that it could be an OS problem as well :(

Edit: I tried your first suggestion without any luck. Once again, I received "Interface Error: 4 The connection is not stable".

Edited by Stokes

I have pretty much the same problem - I get the following message after going through the encoding process on blue-ray burning or immediately upon clicking the red burn button when I've tried to burn ordinary dvds - 'Interface error -32030, The connection is not stable'. In either case the proces isn't completed. I checked in 'About this Mac' and the LaCie Slim Blu-ray drive is recognized. There doesn't seem to be any firmware update available presently. I am running Mac OSX 10.7.4 on a 2010 iMac 27" with plenty of RAM and using Toast 11.1

I am baffled and increasingly frustrated as this is the first time I've tried to burn blu-ray disks and am wasting disk after disk. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

I have pretty much the same problem - I get the following message after going through the encoding process on blue-ray burning or immediately upon clicking the red burn button when I've tried to burn ordinary dvds - 'Interface error -32030, The connection is not stable'. In either case the proces isn't completed. I checked in 'About this Mac' and the LaCie Slim Blu-ray drive is recognized. There doesn't seem to be any firmware update available presently. I am running Mac OSX 10.7.4 on a 2010 iMac 27" with plenty of RAM and using Toast 11.1

I am baffled and increasingly frustrated as this is the first time I've tried to burn blu-ray disks and am wasting disk after disk. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

This is always a tough one to troubleshoot. I presume your drive is connected directly to the Mac. When doing a project that requires lengthy encoding it is always best to choose Save as Disc Image rather than clicking the burn button. Then burn the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window. It sounds, however, that this won't fix the problem. Have you tried a different disc brand or a different connecting cable or a different port?

This is always a tough one to troubleshoot. I presume your drive is connected directly to the Mac. When doing a project that requires lengthy encoding it is always best to choose Save as Disc Image rather than clicking the burn button. Then burn the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window. It sounds, however, that this won't fix the problem. Have you tried a different disc brand or a different connecting cable or a different port?

I wonder how it all went in the end. I'm having the same issue, but its suspected the cable is faulty. My burner is the Lacie slimline bluray USB 3, and Lacie have posted me a replacement cable to try. Im using the new imac 27inch i7 upgrade, with toast titanium 11 with the plug in.