• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
guavaman

Trimming A Track

Question

Occassionaly, I burn CDs where the songs are meant to run together, with no space between tracks. However, in some cases the mp3 tracks have silence at the end of the track, even though it is supposed to flow right into the next one. I know how to get rid of silence at the beginning of the track using the crossfade feature, but not how to get rid of silence at the end. In the Toast manual, under "Working with Crossfades," it says: "Double-click a track to display additional crossfade options, as well as other audio options, such as track trimming and advanced mastering options." Unfortunately, the window that pops up when I double click a track in the main Toast window has no such options. When I try to double click a track within the crossfade window, nothing happens. I can trim the tracks using other programs such as mp3 Trimmer or Audacity, but it would be easier if I could just do it within Toast. Hopefully, I am missing something obvious. In case anyone is wondering, I have Toast set to use DAO, so that is not the issue. The worst part of this is that I think I solved this problem when I burned the first Poco album, but now I can't recall how I did it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

George

4 answers to this question

Toast has a track trim feature when the advanced mastering options are selected in preferences. Click on the length of the track. A popup showing its start and stop times and a place to select "Track Trim".

Thanks muchly! Not the best way to trim as you have to guess how much to cut, but hopefully easier than opening a seperate program and saving another version of the track. What about the other "additional crossfade and advanced mastering options." Are they hidden or are they the options under "Fades" and "Effects?"

Thanks muchly! Not the best way to trim as you have to guess how much to cut, but hopefully easier than opening a seperate program and saving another version of the track. What about the other "additional crossfade and advanced mastering options." Are they hidden or are they the options under "Fades" and "Effects?"

I don't know what Roxio is referring to when they say to double click the track. Under the crossfade column click and hold on a crossfade icon. Then select Custom. You'll get a window with a waveform and a preview button. This is where you can find out how much needs to be trimmed and you can adjust the overlaps.

As I recall I was able to use Select all and then do the track trim on just one track and have it apply to all tracks. I may be wrong about that but it is something to try.

I knew about the crossfade icon. I was just wondering if there was more due to what the manual said about double clicking the track. Thanks.