• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Installation Goes Fine.

REDWAGON

Question

10 answers to this question

Sorry Walt I should have mentioned a bit more about my installation. Yes, I did have C2012 Pro and also VHStoDVD 3 installed on this particular computer.

And Yes, I did uninstall both of them before installing Nxt. Not sure what would have happened otherwise ?? I think Jess posted that he also uninstall C2012

before installing his Nxt.

Frank...

Guest ivanatrox

As some functions are removed from Creator 2012 to Creator NXT, I would suggest not to remove Creator 2012 before installing Creator NXT. We did test the installation over Creator 2012 extensively and users should be able to do that without encountering any issues. However, if there is any issue arises, please do let me know.

Thanks!

Ivan

As some functions are removed from Creator 2012 to Creator NXT, I would suggest not to remove Creator 2012 before installing Creator NXT. We did test the installation over Creator 2012 extensively and users should be able to do that without encountering any issues. However, if there is any issue arises, please do let me know.

Thanks!

Ivan

How about for those who have Creator 2011? WIll the same thing hold true (installing NXT over C2011)?

Edited by malatekid

Thanks!

Ivan

I didn't have EMC 2012 installed before installing NXT and wonder how safe it would be to install 2012 again if there are functions I might need albeit, probably never have up to now? ;)

Jinker

I didn't have EMC 2012 installed before installing NXT and wonder how safe it would be to install 2012 again if there are functions I might need albeit, probably never have up to now? ;)

Jinker

If you want to have both Creator 2012 and NXT on your system, my thought is that you should have Creator 2012 installed first before installing NXT. There are improvements in NXT to some common programs/files between the two versions so you let NXT do its job of updating those files. The green dots in the snapshot below refer to improvements.

post-114-0-96434400-1346336135_thumb.jpg

Edited by malatekid

If you want to have both Creator 2012 and NXT on your system, my thought is that you should have Creator 2012 installed first before installing NXT. There are improvements in NXT to some common programs/files between the two versions so you let NXT do its job of updating those files. The green dots in the snapshot below refer to improvements.

post-114-0-96434400-1346336135_thumb.jpg

I guess I probably knew that as it's fairly common practise to upgrade from the previous version and not the other way round.

However, I was just interested in the functions which have been removed from NXT as against EMC 2012 as the comparison chart I looked at wasn't very clear on that point?

On a slightly different note the inclusion of what looks like to me anyway, a complete version of PaintShop Pro x4 is worth the upgrade asking price alone.

Jinker

1. CinePlayer is replaced by WinDVD in Creator NXT. The version of WinDVD included DOES NOT play commercial DVD movies (not to mention BD movies)

2. The following components are removed from Creator 2012 to Creator NXT.

Face Filter 2

Photoshow

Burn Data Disc - Advanced (Creator Classic), Edit video - Automatically (CineMagic), Drag and Drop Convert (SyncIt!)

"Discover Music/Movies" to allrovi.com

Instant Restore and Disaster Recovery functions in BOT4 for Pro

How about for those who have Creator 2011? WIll the same thing hold true (installing NXT over C2011)?

The installation told me it had to remove Creator 2011 before it would install NXT. During the install I saw that it was reinstalling some of the items it uninstalled -CinePlayer and one other

Edit: I remembered what the other one was BOT4

Edited by sknis