• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

gmacosko

Label File Error

Question

I opened a .jwl file created 8/03 in EMC8 that has a format I liked. I deleted and added images then saved the file. When I tried to reopen, "an attempt was made to access an unnamed label past its end" was the response. The oler original file still opens fine. I have searched the current discussion files for such an error and have not found anything. Does anyone have a suggestion?

3 answers to this question

You're not alone. I've been seeing this error for months, and Label Creator 8 crashes a lot too. The problem shows up when opening version 7.5 JWL files as well as version 8.0. Some files reopen okay, and I can't figure out what causes some to be unreadable and some to be okay. I hope someone figures it out, because I sometimes spend nearly an hour designing a complicated label, and it's sure a pain when the JWL file can't be opened later. :)

I had the same problem and foun a quick way to open those files and resave them. Go to Windows Explorer, Right Click on the file, open with, Choose Program, Browse, Program files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 8\Label Creator\RxLabelcreator Open. It worked for me but Roxio should fix these (lots) bugs.

I create a slim case insert label using EMC 8, save it, and EVERY time I try to open it I also get the error message "an attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end".

I can open NO jwl files created in EMC 8 using EMC 8.

What is going on?

The process mentioned earlier using explore doesn't work for me.

thanks