mgg

Toast 11 Pro Update Problems.

Question

post-91419-0-88908500-1346543084_thumb.pngSo, I start up toast this afternoon - and is offers to install an update. I download it, it runs, but on open, I get a complaint that the package is signed with an invalid certificate. Really??? Roxio can't afford the right cert or to have someone check their install package? I suppose it could be my machine, but I've had no issues installing several other packages in the last few days.

So, I tell it to go ahead anyway and I get a window that probably is asking me for a serial number - but I can't tell since the font is all fondue..... file attached.

Are my fonts all screwed up? Doubt it - but then why would Roxio use any font except a basic system font that is ALWAYS on any system?

sigh

mgg

Edited by mgg

8 answers to this question

I also receive the invalid certificate message when the installer opens. My difference is that when I run the installer (gives me no problems with serial number) if fails to finish installing. When the installer reaches the final screen where "Finish" is normally highlighted the "Finish" button is dimmed out and my only choices are to "go back" or "Quit". This is true for both the in-app update & and the updater package I downloaded from macupdate.com.

I doubt my hardware is at issue (somewhat older iMac), however it might be the OS. I'm running 10.7.4 (Lion), rather than 10.8.x (Mountain Lion) which does require properly signed certificates for installers (we're on our own if we install something that doesn't have a certificate).

My fix was to run Toast 8, which runs on Mountain Lion without a problem, so far. I suspect it the update that's the cause of the problem. This is the only solution I can suggest at the moment.

so, does no one from Roxio read these forums?

I've seen recent posts from patatrox and ivanatrox. It is a holiday weekend in the U.S. The Roxio folks rarely post in the forum because they consider it a user-to-user place. But I'm sure they are paying close attention to the feedback about Toast 11.1.

Screen Shot 2012-09-01 at 1.47.51 PM.pngSo, I start up toast this afternoon - and is offers to install an update. I download it, it runs, but on open, I get a complaint that the package is signed with an invalid certificate. Really??? Roxio can't afford the right cert or to have someone check their install package? I suppose it could be my machine, but I've had no issues installing several other packages in the last few days.

So, I tell it to go ahead anyway and I get a window that probably is asking me for a serial number - but I can't tell since the font is all fondue..... file attached.

Are my fonts all screwed up? Doubt it - but then why would Roxio use any font except a basic system font that is ALWAYS on any system?

sigh

mgg

An updated 11.1 updater has been posted which should resolve the issues, if you're unable to get to the auto-updater you can download the latest version on the software updates page and then upgrade from there. Sorry for the hassle, but we will have a full installer build of this 11.1 version available in the next few days.

I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM IN UPGRADING AND THE SOLUTION I WAS GIVEN FROM SUPPORT, WHICH WAS SUCCESSFUL, IS AS FOLLOWS:

1. Quit the Toast.app Setup Assistant

2. In Finder, click the pull down GO menu and click GO TO FOLDER (or press SHIFT+COMMAND+G)

3. In the Go To Folder window, type (or paste) in: ~/Library/Preferences

4. Locate the "com.roxio.toast.plist" file and delete or move to the Trash

5. Close the window and launch Toast Titanium again6. Proceed through the Setup Assistant as normal

ok, it appears my font files were screwed up. As for the cert - seems to have either fixed itself or fixed by roxio. I am now successfully updated.

mgg