• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Soundbyteop

Video Capture- Lost Signal

Question

Hello:

I am new to Creator 2012 and have a question regarding Video Capture. Is there a way to set it up so it keeps rolling even if there is a monentary loss of signal. I archive VHS tapes to DVD for customers and sometimes there may be a 3 or 4 second gap of unrecorded snow that shuts off capture. This is a pain in the neck for it means I have to go in and edit a bunch of scenes. It would be way preferable to keep recording, even if there is nothing on the tape and manually stop it when needed. Please respond ASAP.

Thanks

Rich

4 answers to this question

NO!

Some of the devices are more sensitive to this than others.

I have suggested a 'pass through' connecting the VCR to a DVD or BD Player, thence to the Roxio Capture USB device but have not gotten any definitive feedback on that...

Problem is most (if not all) Players are wired so that a signal is passed through unmodified, hence it will make no difference :(

Question for you. Do you by chance have both the Creator 2012 AND the VHS to DVD software? And does it behave the same on both?

As a Last Resort, I can IM you a link to another software to try out... Check your messages -_-

I do have both Creator and VHS to DVD on diferent computers. They seem to conflict when on the same computer. Anyway, VHS to DVD does not cut off captureing the video when there are momentry losses of signal. Curious.

No not really and there is your answer, how to "fix" it :lol:

There is NO conflict between the 2 programs, I have been running both on one of my PC's since it came out.

There is NO conflict between the 2 programs, I have been running both on one of my PC's since it came out.

This is a me too post. There is no conflict.

What happens if you have both on one computer?