• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Capture Google Earth

wade1953

Question

Hi, There... I am working on a project for a client who runs a small business and we are producing a promo video that will eventually be embeded on her web-site. We would like to begin the short video by "flying down" to the location via GOOGLE EARTH. Any ideas on how we can accomplish this video capture to integrate it into our video? I utilize both Creator 2011 or 2012 Pro on seperate laptops. Oh, yeah.... we are still newbies so step-by-step would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS! ...WADE

1 answer to this question

What format video are you going to use for the web site?

There are some excellent screen capture software available - Google for it or go to cnet.com.

For what you want, you could download and try the free Jing from Tech Smith. It will capture a short video (5 minutes). Unfortunately (?) it captures only as SWF. Creator does not have the ability to handle swf but it is one of the better formats for the web. You could convert the swf to a Creator usable format using a third party software.

In this case AND IF you will be doing this a lot, I suggest you take a look at Camtasia Studio also from Tech Smith.. The new versions are expensive but you should be able to buy and older version inexpensively (ebay?). Tech Smith does have a free trial iof you want to see how well it works. I use Camtasia to capture, edit the video in Video Wave and then use Camtasia Studio to convert it to a web format. I believe that you have seen some of the tutorial videos from karri and from me.