• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Kindle Fire Not Full Screen

Doodle

Question

Roxio NXT now supports the Kindle Fire. However, the Kindle Fire screen is 1024 x 600. Roxio NXT only converts to 720 x 480 (or 1280 x 720 for HD). The video will play on the Kindle at 720 x 480 but it will not fill the screen. That's only filling a little more then half my screen. Why did they not make a corerct template? I bought the software for this purpose.

10 answers to this question

Have you gone to Kindle and asked them what to do? What "Player" are you using?

720 by 480 IS a STANDARD video format ratio and should fill a screen on a 3 inch screen or a 60 inch screen (or overfill it).

Do you have the screen rotated so that the wide side is horizontal? Sorry for the last but that is the only thing that I could think of that would not fill the screen.

Edited by sknis

"Have you gone to Kindle and asked them what to do?"

Are you joking? Roxio says they support Kindle Fire. How easy would it be to make a correct template 1024 x 600? Or better yet let me custom the screen size. Now that's intuitive. My Amazon videos play full screen beautifully.

I'm using the standard Kindle Fire player built into the unit.

"Have you gone to Kindle and asked them what to do?"

Are you joking? Roxio says they support Kindle Fire. How easy would it be to make a correct template 1024 x 600? Or better yet let me custom the screen size. Now that's intuitive. My Amazon videos play full screen beautifully.

I'm using the standard Kindle Fire player built into the unit.

It is harder than you think, a lot harder!

What is the resolution of your "Amazon video"?

What title?

The ONLY way standard video is going to fit on that odd ball size screen is through cropping or with borders... That's it! It is a matter of 'ratios' and if you understand mathematics, you know that ;)

In Copy and Convert Video select the kindle fire, then move the slider to largest file and then select custom. Look at the size. Those are the ratios that the kindle accepts. Select the 480 by 270 for wide screen or 480 by 360 for non-wide screen. You didn't say if you have high definition. You may still have some borders.

I'm not using HD. I don't know what format or size Amazon uses for their video formatting. It does fill out my Kindle screen as well as my computer desktop screen when watching a movie (NonHD).

I can accept borders on the left and right but not on the top and bottom. 4:3 should show borders but not 16:9.

480 by 270 had borders on left and right which is ok.

480 by 360 when using Ava Media Player free App on the Kindle Fire allowed me to strecth this size video full screen on the Kindle Fire. Skns that was the magic number!

I hope this helps other Kindle Fire users to get full screen video.

Look just below your first post there is a yellow block of text.. Since the problem was solved, it was marked as such and moved there, Since no one needs to read all of the other posts, that just saves time.

Edited by sknis