rby63

No Avi Reading

Question

Hi

I don't know if is a 2012 issue problem but creator 2012 pro isn't able to read AVI video file however in the open windows in video modification file AVI are mentionend. I'm saing so because whit previous issue I didn't have problem. Do anyone had this problem?

12 answers to this question

Hi

I don't know if is a 2012 issue problem but creator 2012 pro isn't able to read AVI video file however in the open windows in video modification file AVI are mentionend. I'm saing so because whit previous issue I didn't have problem. Do anyone had this problem?

It is not an C2012 issue since C2012 has no problems with avi files.

Since you have given no information at all exactly what your problem is it is hard to offer any real suggestions. Exactly what does "creator 2012 pro isn't able to read AVI video file"? What program in C2012 are you using? What happens, any error message? What kind of avi file? Where did you get it?

Whit a pictures was easier show the problem so I have Creator 2012 ver 13.5; 6.0.0.0 when I should modify videos I open "advance video modify" (I hope it is the right translation) then choose new or existing project, soon appear the message windows more or less saing "files are not supported or demaged it is possible they need to install other application in order to read these file". in the folder they appear as files not readable

Are you trying to open an avi file as an existing Videowave production? That will not work. You should open a new production and add the avi file using Add Photo/Video.

in videowave whit an existing or new project the result is the same it tell me these files or not modifiable and not charge them all the other openig files are MP4 it is a pity because my old creator worked well also whit existing project. It seen they are avi and not dvx avi

rby63,

AVI files are compressed with one of a large number of video and audio compressors that are popular at the moment. To open or modify them you need to have the same compressor/decompressor [codeC] installed on your system, as was used in the AVI.

If you don't have the right CODECs installed, you'll see your AVI represented as a red circle with a line through it, and you'll get the error you have told us about.

You can check what CODEC is used, and what CODECs you have installed with a program called the GSpot Codec Information Appliance. It's a small, safe, FREE program available here http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ and other places on the Internet.

If you run GSpot in Windows [you can close the Roxio program] and drag the icon of your AVI file onto the GSpot box you'll get a display like this. Look inside the red box I've drawn.

post-208-0-02369700-1347665167_thumb.jpg

or like this

post-208-0-29969300-1347665195_thumb.jpg

In the first, the CODEC is XviD, and it is installed in my system.

In the second, the CODEC is an Indeo one, and it is not installed.

If you check your result you can see if you don't have the CODEC. You can then locate the missing CODEC on the Internet and install it.

You should then be able to include or edit your AVIs.

Regards,

Brendon

unfortunately I'm not able to run in best way GSspot however Ithink the problem is about the codec this is the message that GSspot give me

Warning: DirectShow crashed while GSpot was attempting to obtain information about a codec.

This is usually due to damaged, misconfigured, conflicting, or poorly written codec drivers. It is possible, perhaps even likely, that other media players will crash when they attempt to play this file as well, as most of them will also use DirectShow. GSpot was able to intercept the crash, and has attempted to identify the codec or filter involved; uninstalling or reinstalling this codec or filter may solve the problem.

The codec was tentatively identified as:

C:\Windows\system32\imaadp32.acm

Unknown video codec #8

How can I fix the problem?

Thank

Rby63,

I have 4 questions. Please answer each of them if you can.

-Are ALL your AVI files misbehaving, or only some of them?

-How many problem AVI files do you have? [1 or 2, or a large number?]

-Are all the problem ones from the same source or place?

-Is there some way I can download a small one to examine?

From your last message it looks like GSpot might have had problems with the audio Codec IMAADP32.acm. Since it is the only one GSpot has named, I would try to find a download for that codec from a reputable site and install a good copy of IMAADP32.acm.

There could be a problem with the video too, but without a name that will be hard to fix.

In the meantime if you could answer those questions it would help me.

Brendon

1 I have only problem with Creator: videowave, cineplayer, however I can open all avi files with my media (W mediaplayer, VLC, Divx)

2 it seems only with creator 2012

3 yes see answear above

4 I can send one or more at your mail

One year ago I try to clear the register with a software, since now I don't need to use creator so I don't know if the register was corrupt because I din't see the problem, peraphs I had from there. Connected to iaamdp32.acm there is a message join to file missing dll here you are what tell me (more or less) the register check (RUN CMD regsvr32 iaamdp32.acm "impossible to charge iaamdp.acm module try to debug in order to find missing dll"). I run Creator in repair mode but nothing.

Now I have 3 possibilities

1 attend your answer

2 try to fix the problem with softwear but I'm afreid to worsen the situation

3 restore an image previous but in this case I have update all the system

Hello again,

Please check the name of your codec file. It should be IMAADP32.ACM and not IAAMDP32.ACM. If you have the spelling of the name wrong, regsvr32 will not be able to find the file and that will cause it to complain about a missing DLL.

This is a puzzle if a problem with the imaadp32.acm codec is only hurting Creator 2012. This file is part of Windows not Creator, so Creator in repair mode won't fix it.

At the same time, I can't see how WMP, VLC, and the DivX player can all play the AVI files okay if the audio codec is broken. - Do they play the AVIs with sound?

I think I need to see one of these AVIs that Creator can't load. Would you send me your smallest one? I'll send you an email address in a Private Message. Please check the envelope icon at the top right of this page to open the Private Message.

post-208-0-89002900-1348222192_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

At the end I prefered to format my PC it was an hard work but now it seems it run well. So thank for everything if you need I can send you my avi files in every case I don't know was wrong

Oh well, I guess that makes all questions moot, then.

Pity, I would have liked to fix things without 'Format C:'.

Brendon