• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

cardosina

Video Upload Issues

Question

I also have been a premium member for a number of years. I have NEVER had any problem loading video clips to my photo show, actually the last show made was in May 2012. Now, for the past SEVERAL MONTHS (July, Aug and now Sept), as I try it comes back with "fakepath" try another clip.....emailing back and forth with the corel techs is frustrating,finally I got the following:

"Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.

I would like to inform you that, I have enquired your issue with the department concerned with. They have informed me that this is a known issue and our technicians are working on it and they will be hot fixing it. Once I get an update, I will be providing you with the necessary information." all well and good, I did reply with a thanks, and now 10 days later I get another saying they have closed the case since I have not responded. Sooooo, do we really have to go tru hoops so that we can load clips? or is it indeed their problem which thier techs have supposedly been working on for months?

14 answers to this question

Since that other thread was solved so that poster was happy, I split off your post from that thread. We assume you tried all the fixes from that post and it didn't work for you.

Are you using the desktop or the online version of PhotoShow?

The "fake path" message is unusual. Do you have the video files on your hard drive, an external hard drive or a network?

Edited by sknis

Sknis, thanks for the reply. my pictures and video clips are on the hard drive and still in my camera. I have not tried the fixes from the other post. Am I reading the tech message wrong? is it indeed their problem? the way I read it, indicates that they are fixing it ?????? in the meantime I don't plan on holding my breath, I will try doing a conversion. I tried both, the online AND the desktop version 6.0......just wont take my video, I do want to make it clear, up until now, I have loaded quite a few video clips to my photoshows, all from the same camera, with NO problem.

Edited by cardosina

I am having the exact same problems. I can't make an MP4 video nor upload to Facebook. I haven't used PhotoShow for several months and never had problems until yesterday. When I wrote to customer support I received this email, basically no answer to my question. I did read the other thread but nothing seems to work. When I click on make an MP4 it says We're having a system problem at the moment. Please try again later.

Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.

I will help you resolve the issue. May I know if the if you are using the desktop software or the online version of photoshow. You will be to use the features using the desktop version of photoshow

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,

Geno

Corel Customer Support Services

Thank you for any advice!

Estrella and Sknis, the problem is theirs.....I was going to convert my .avi file to something else, but, they have the problem not us....today I received an email from them:

I would like to inform you that, we haven't closed the case and its our automated system which will close the case if the customer hasn't responded within 10 days. Also, our technicians are working on your issue and they will be updating you with the necessary information as soon as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,

Balaji

today I tried adding a very small video clip (.avi) it seemed to load then at the end came back with "wrong format". well let's see what happens.

I'm surprised they didn't ask you a simple question; "What kind of AVI file is it?" I bet they thought that it was a non-compressed AVI file. Perhaps you know that there are several types of avi files--everything from an uncompresssed AVI to DV-AVI to XVID and DIVX. The last two are highly compressed and will not upload.

Download the free Gspot Codec Information Appliance (link) and open it. Drag the file to its open window. It will tell you what kind of AVI file it is. Either post that information or post a screen shot.

There was another recent post about AVI files. Read this thread especially Post 7

Another e-mail from customer support. I just hope they fix it. At least they are in communication.

Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.

I regret to let you know that this is a known issue from our end and out technical team is working on it to resolve it at the earliest. Once the issue is fixed you can download the shows as MP4 file.

As a workaround I suggest you follow the steps given below.

Delete all Temp files

Go to Start -> Run. Type "%temp%" (without quotes) then click OK. The Temp folder will show up.

Go to Edit -> Select All.

Go to File -> Delete.

Clear Cache and Cookies:

1. Open up Internet Explorer

2. Click on Tools and select Internet Options.

3. Under the General tab, click on the button titled, Delete Cookies and Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files.

4. Click on Apply and click on OK.

Regards,

Elangovan

Thank you sknis. I am using a MacBook Pro, OS 6.8. The link is for windows, right? What do you think about the response from Corel to fix the problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Thank you cardosina for your update.

Edited by estrella

Thank you sknis. I am using a MacBook Pro, OS 6.8. The link is for windows, right? What do you think about the response from Corel to fix the problem?

I hope it works. The mp4 issues is long standing and has been "fixed" many times. I hope it sticks this time.

Thanks sknis, I will let you know if this works or if the problem gets solved. I don't have much hope and am looking for another Mac program that is similar to PhotoShow.

estrella, Try downloading the free VLC player for MAC Load the video into it and then pause it. Go to "tools" in the menu across the top and then codec information. Post that information.

VLC is a great fee player for just about any video file. It does give the codec information but not as complete as GSpot..

I will give it a try sknis and see if it works, thank you. I receive at least two emails a day from Corel stating they are working on the problem. Not holding my breath.

I went back to Photoshow 5 and it worked with video files in the show, but the downside is there is no sound within the clips, but certainly for the background music, which I don't want for my video clips. At least, the mov files from my Iphone worked, and not in version 6 Photoshow. Hope this helps.

Edited by pingeyez2

Can anybody explain why I made a perfect Photoshow with Videos and sound in July, and now any new shows come up failed, even after trying all available formats that were accepted? This has happened before and for some reason the video files just don't work. I am a Premium member. Very frustrating.

pingeye2 : It is broke and there seems to be no effort to fix it..

I have made PhotoShows with the desktop versions of V5 and V6 recently (look at your other post) and that uploads the recently made PhotoShows to the site quickly. Have you tried that?

Did you look at your other post and read the information on the audio? .

Please don't keep asking the same question because you will just get the same answer. If you want to upload videos to the PhotoShow site, contact them directly and cancel your membership and start using a different social network.

Do not hijack someone elses thread. That leads to a lot of confusion.

Edited by sknis