Roxio "mydvd" Changes Audio From 5.1 To Stereo

tcub

Question

I'm using Roxio "MyDVD" to import an AVCHD (.m2ts) video file and burn as a Blu-ray movie disc. The original file has DTS 6 channel audio. After I import the file the audio has been changed to stereo. When I look at the "Project Settings" in "MyDVD" the audio shows as Dolby Digital AC-3 2.0 and there is no option to change it back to surround sound. How can I correct this problem?

3 answers to this question

I'm using Roxio "MyDVD" to import an AVCHD (.m2ts) video file and burn as a Blu-ray movie disc. The original file has DTS 6 channel audio. After I import the file the audio has been changed to stereo. When I look at the "Project Settings" in "MyDVD" the audio shows as Dolby Digital AC-3 2.0 and there is no option to change it back to surround sound. How can I correct this problem?

You would have to use a different program. No Adaptec/Roxio/Sonic/...... has supported 5.1 audio, and hopefully, Corel will correct the problem with misguided programming.

I know this is very old subject but I'm using Creator 2011 and tried to convert some of my mkv's to DVD and discovered all DD 5.1 was downgraded to 2 CH stereo..wtf? There's not even an option for anything other than a 2 CH DVD. I was considering upgrading to NXT but if this is still a problem then no way because what other software does no support more than 2 CH audio DVD creation? It's gay....a much needed fix.