• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
tcub

Roxio "mydvd" Changes Audio From 5.1 To Stereo

Question

I'm using Roxio "MyDVD" to import an AVCHD (.m2ts) video file and burn as a Blu-ray movie disc. The original file has DTS 6 channel audio. After I import the file the audio has been changed to stereo. When I look at the "Project Settings" in "MyDVD" the audio shows as Dolby Digital AC-3 2.0 and there is no option to change it back to surround sound. How can I correct this problem?

3 answers to this question

I'm using Roxio "MyDVD" to import an AVCHD (.m2ts) video file and burn as a Blu-ray movie disc. The original file has DTS 6 channel audio. After I import the file the audio has been changed to stereo. When I look at the "Project Settings" in "MyDVD" the audio shows as Dolby Digital AC-3 2.0 and there is no option to change it back to surround sound. How can I correct this problem?

You would have to use a different program. No Adaptec/Roxio/Sonic/...... has supported 5.1 audio, and hopefully, Corel will correct the problem with misguided programming.

I know this is very old subject but I'm using Creator 2011 and tried to convert some of my mkv's to DVD and discovered all DD 5.1 was downgraded to 2 CH stereo..wtf? There's not even an option for anything other than a 2 CH DVD. I was considering upgrading to NXT but if this is still a problem then no way because what other software does no support more than 2 CH audio DVD creation? It's gay....a much needed fix.

ken, you already created your own thread. Go there. It is poor etiquette to post the same question twice. You will become confused !