Roxio Video Copy & Convert Inconsistent Conversion

Doodle

Question

Roxio Video Copy & Convert Inconsistent Conversion, let me explain. I have 6 MPEG files.

They are all (I'll call this "A") :

Video

Frame Width: 352

Frame Height: 480

Data Rate: 9200kbps

Total Bitrate: 9456kbps

Frame Rate: 29

Audio:

Bit Rate: 256Kbps

Channels: stereo

Audio Sample Rate: 48 kHz

I'm now converting one file using the "Video" template and WMV as my target conversion.

If I do 1 file all is ok (I'll call this "B"):

Video

Frame Width: 240

Frame Height: 320

Data Rate: 8000kbps

Total Bitrate: 8128kbps

Audio:

Bit Rate: 128Kbps

Audio Sample Rate: 44 kHz

If I do all 6 as a batch this is what I get (I'll call this "C"):

Video

Data Rate: 1160kbps

Total Bitrate: 1288kbps

Audio:

Why? Batch "C" should be like "B." The video looks awful. Why did the Data Rate and Total Bitrate change just because I did a batch of 6 files? All 6 files are wrong Data Rate and Total Bitrate. I have 500 more files to do. I can't do one at a time.

Does seem a bit odd...

I would like to create some test files but you failed to include any info whatsoever on how you get these output settings :huh:

There are dozens of presets in VCC and I don't feel up to the task of searching through all of them to find the one you used :wacko:

How about supplying some info???

I viewed the file information in Windows 7 by right clicking on a file then choose Properties then Details tab.

I'm using the template in VCC called "Video" as my output. I'm using WMV as my converted format type with NO change to the template; very basic stuff.

Post a screen shot of VCC, custom settings showing those #1 settings please.

Since I have Acronis True Image I'm going to go back to Roxio 2010 using VCC

and try to do the same exact thing to see if I get the same results. I'll post the other screen shot you suggested when I'm done.

I want to see Creator NXT screen shot showing those settings please.

I can report that Roxio 2010 using VCC also gives me incorrect Data Rate and Total Bit Rate when choosing 6 files to convert. Using default "Video" template and WMV as my converted format. Doing one file at a time is ok.

Doing 6 files:

Video

Data Rate: 1109kbps

Total Bitrate: 1237kbps

Audio:

You are not following the instructions for posting a picture that cd linked you too. That is why it does not show up!

I took a file and made 5 copies of it. I have run them through Creator 2010, Creator 2012 as well as Creator NXT with the same results:

Before:

post-39730-0-20584000-1347814401_thumb.jpg

Settings:

post-39730-0-70024300-1347814403_thumb.jpg

After:

post-39730-0-40662800-1347814406_thumb.jpg

They identical going in as well as coming out using VCC from all three of these versions :huh:

Now the 'flaw' in this test is that they were all the same file, but even with varied source files, I don't see any radical results with others that I have done...

I don't have TiVo but as I recall you have to pass them through VideoWave first before you use VCC... Is that correct?

IF that is true, are you by chance choosing the VBR (variable bit rate) in VideoWave? That is only available for WMV output.

Probably not from you postings, but I just want to make sure.

I'm not using VideoWave. I do use TivoDecoder which makes a .TiVo file to a normal MPEG file. It has no VBR settings or anything else.

Removing commercials from a TIVO file using VCC (Roxio NXT version or 2010) is painful. Next to impossible. It's so slow when making your edits that you give up. Nothing but freezing and waiting. This doesn't happen on other video formats I tried.

I'm thinking about buying TivoDesktop Plus for $24.99.

Then we don't know if the files are VBR or Fixed???

I don't know of anything that will make finding and editing commercials out easy :huh:

I use VW for that and generally find that they fall is a specific timespan. I then work from the end of the file to the beginning - ie: 10 minute intervals, 60 minute file = 50, 40, 30... etc. If you work from the beginning to the end, it gets muddy.

Also, I use Markers at the beginning and end of the commercial then save and cut them all at one time ;)

I hate to think how my $25 I have wasted on software promises :lol:

I made some test files using VBR and they ran through VCC without a hitch... :(

If you run them, One at a Time through VCC, how do they come out???

I personally prefer VideoWave for this type of work, as I outlined. Perhaps it would be good for you to try one there just to see what results you get???

I know we have others that use TiVo, it would be nice if they would try some of this and join the discussion here -_-

Edit: I just did some that were wildy varying in original quality, HD to sub-VCD, to see if the output would vary when batch passed through VCC... It did not. It would be nice if I could duplicate your resutls :mellow:

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Perhaps a Repair would be in order :huh:

Here are the steps you would need:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc (download version - run Install)

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.