• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

COD Is A Fish

Xsplit And Roxio Game Capture Hd Pro

Question

Just installed the new SP1. I like the new streaming features! Will try to see if it works.

First thing I noticed... launching livestream I got a popup message about the Livestream button...it will not go away. Just keeps popping up after clicking OK several times.

post-106682-0-31664200-1349286446_thumb.png

post-106682-0-27179600-1349286570_thumb.png

Ivan,

Unfortunately livestream is still freezing. :(

I set my bitrate to 240p. My average bitrate tested at 625Kbps.

How did you install SP 1?

Did you reboot?

Yes, installed SP1 and Yes I did a reboot.

Edited by Embalmer

Xsplit support: It is actually up to Xsplit to add the support in their software. This is not something we can work on.

Streaming issue: Please install SP1 and let us know if it helps.

Ivan

Thanks for that tip Ivan!!!

translation: You guys are going to have to make your issues known to XSplit :huh: it can't get fixed by posting here :mellow:

First thing I noticed... launching livestream I got a popup message about the Livestream button...it will not go away. Just keeps popping up after clicking OK several times.

OUCH!

Hate to say it, but I think you will need to Repair :wacko:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc (download version - run Install)

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Of course the SP1 will need to be applied again as well...

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Oddly enough...I closed the Roxio program and restarted it...

Now it works. No popup and the stream on twitch.tv is not freezing......... Hmmmm.

Oddly enough...I closed the Roxio program and restarted it...

Now it works. No popup and the stream on twitch.tv is not freezing......... Hmmmm.

Grrreat!!! post-39730-0-39422500-1349287769_thumb.jpg

Ok, well it is freezing...but once every 10 seconds or so...and it's just a 1 second pause... a bit annoying but 100x better than it was. This is at 240p - lowest setting.

The freezing get's a lot worse if I use 360p 480p... They are better than it was before but not really usable with the freezes. At a 4MB upload speed, I would think I had enough bandwidth.

The updated added a bandwidth checker - which is nice - but I'm only averaging 600Kbps with that tool... which means I need to stay at 240p anyway. Possibly my only issue now may be with my bandwidth - and Xsplit :)

Thanks for the update Ivan.

How did you install SP 1?

Did you reboot?

I installed SP1 previously and have rebooted since. There are still pausing issues when streaming.

Guest ivanatrox

Hi all,

For the livestream issue, let me check tomorrow on what further information we might need and I'll be contacting you by PM.

Thanks for the patience.

Ivan

Guest ivanatrox

If this product worked with XSplit it would be great :)

Please let XSplit know you would like XSplit to work with Game Capture HD PRO!

I have been doing some tests regarding the live stream pausing every few seconds. I somehow fixed it by changing all the following settings:

- Video capture resolution - 480P

- Video capture bitrate - Change this to around 3000

- Livestream capture resolution - 480P

- Livestream capture bitrate - 5000 (This setting may be too high for some people try this first then change to 1500)

Try livestreaming now.. If all goes well it should no longer be pausing every few seconds. If it works you can change the Video Capture settings back to your preferred settings.

I did run into an issue when changing the livestream resolution to 720P, but I think is more due to my PC not being fast enough to do it as the software crashes after a few seconds.

Sample video at http://www.twitch.tv/gamergeddon/b/334414101.

Just thowing my 2 cents in. when i was testing this out the device in beta, it wouldn't work with xSplit then either. I informed them that, yes the built in live streaming software is nice but some people love the added features of xsplit.

with that said, I received my new Roxio device today and was bummed that it didn't work with xsplit still.

the issue is Roxio HD Pro uses h264 encoding over usb, the same way a Hauppauge HDPVR 1212 wouldn't work with xSplit.

So the codec is the issue. NONE THE LESS, this tutorial will solve some of the issues for now. it is for the Hauppauge but will work with the Roxio HD Pro. I will have a ROXIO tutorial up asap for this issue.

Vaughn

In the link in post #44, Roxio clearly state there stand on this issue.

"Can I use Roxio Game Capture HD PRO with third party software like XSplit or Wirecast?"

The support for Roxio Game Capture HD PRO would depend on the third party to implement in their software. Please contact the third party software company directly to learn about their plan to support Roxio Game Capture PRO HD.

Edited by ogdens

In the link in post #44, Roxio clearly state there stand on this issue.

"Can I use Roxio Game Capture HD PRO with third party software like XSplit or Wirecast?"

The support for Roxio Game Capture HD PRO would depend on the third party to implement in their software. Please contact the third party software company directly to learn about their plan to support Roxio Game Capture PRO HD.

it's ok man, relax. I am just stating my experiences in bring it to the attention of both companies. Further more, i was told to relax...things are being looked into.

something needs to be done ROXIO!! i wanna use xsplit like every other person but i can wait for them. the problem that STILL exists is the freezing of streams through roxio software. We have all paid for a product that we cant use and this is getting to be ridiculous. its weird i can stream 720 and 1080 through xsplit with no hiccups but when it comes to roxio streaming i get hiccups on 240p. AGHHH that is annoying! please fix ASAP!!!

• Like 1