• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Updates After Toast 11.0.0 Don't Recognize The Hd/bd Plugin

Gatorchamp

Question

I know this old but I never found a solution, so I am trying in this forum. I bought and installed Toast 11.0.0 and then many months later I bought and installed the HD/BD Plugin. In this version of Toast, the option to burn an HD DVD was available but when I tried burning an HD DVD it hung at 99% completion and had to cancel.

Then I saw an update that was supposed to solve the hanging at 99% issue. So, I updated to that new version of Toast (I think it was ver 11.0.4 or the one after that) but regardless, I've tried all new versions after 11.0.0 and none of them allow me to choose the option of burning an HD DVD disk. The option is simply not available. it's as if the new versions after 11.0.0 don't recognized the Plugin. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling...nothing worked.

I discussed this issue for many weeks with customer support but in the end I had to revert back to version 11.0.0. And to avoid the problem of hanging at 99% completion they suggested I create a HD DVD disk image first and then burn the HD DVD. That works but I am stuck at version 11.0.0 without ever being able to install updates, it seems.

By the way, I have an early 2009 Mac Pro running the latest OS.

4 answers to this question

The problem you're experiencing is one I've never seen or read that others have seen. Once the Blu-ray plugin is installed all updates to Toast have recognized it on my Macs. Do you have "Show Blu-ray Projects" checked in the Toast Preferences General tab after updating Toast?

I do recommend updating to Toast 11.1. You can keep the original 11.0.0 if you want by making a duplicate copy of it before updating.

The problem you're experiencing is one I've never seen or read that others have seen. Once the Blu-ray plugin is installed all updates to Toast have recognized it on my Macs. Do you have "Show Blu-ray Projects" checked in the Toast Preferences General tab after updating Toast?

I do recommend updating to Toast 11.1. You can keep the original 11.0.0 if you want by making a duplicate copy of it before updating.

There seems to a be problem with the installer of the Toast 11 HD/BD Plug-in. The application seems to be PPC code and thus cannot be installed running OS X 10.8.x Mountain Lion. As it came out before mountain lion, I can see how this is possible. Is there an update to the plug-in installer? The overall Toast 11.1 update works fine under Mountain Lion.

There seems to a be problem with the installer of the Toast 11 HD/BD Plug-in. The application seems to be PPC code and thus cannot be installed running OS X 10.8.x Mountain Lion. As it came out before mountain lion, I can see how this is possible. Is there an update to the plug-in installer? The overall Toast 11.1 update works fine under Mountain Lion.

I don't know of any update and the same issue would have been true with Lion and I haven't heard about it before. Have you tried going to the Security panel in System Preferences and changing the option so that applications from "Anywhere" can be installed. That may take care of it.