Astroceltica

Roxio Nxt- Windvd Playback Through Hdmi

Question

Hi,

I recently purchased and installed Roxio NXT and everything works fine. However, I have noticed a playback issue concerning the WinDVD version installed by Roxio NXT. When I connect my laptop (with Roxio NXT installed) to my HDTV via an HDMI cable and then load a DVD into the laptop, I receive an error that WinDVD will not allow playback this way. Is there some fix for this, to allow WinDVD playback through an HDMI cable?

Thanks.

Edited by Astroceltica

9 answers to this question

WinDVD supplied as part of Creator NXT will not play ANY commercial disc. Are you trying to play that or one that you made?

The WinDVD supplied with Creator NXT is severely limited (worse than OEM) and is not good for much. Try another player.

Hmm, you are absolutely right, it will not play any copy-protected DVDs, even directly to the computer. What's the point of including it with Roxio NXT then? And it uninstalled my previous WinDVD installation too...

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to hear it uninstalled your existing WinDVD program. Can you reinstall it?

I'll see if Roxio/Corel can offer any help.

Hmm, you are absolutely right, it will not play any copy-protected DVDs, even directly to the computer. What's the point of including it with Roxio NXT then? And it uninstalled my previous WinDVD installation too...

Thanks for your reply.

The only point is to have folks buy the real deal, if they really want a program that does what it should. :(

And it looks like in pooched up your previous version, which was real. Hopefully, as sknis said, Corel can help.

Edited by grandpabruce

stupid as it may seem why get rid of cineplayer for an inferior windvd at least we could play dvds with cineplayer roxio nxt to me is a downgrade with a load of bundled old software from corel. and lets not forget they couldnt even support bluray like er cyberlink and nero

Edited by antmars

I installed NXT over Creator 2011 and CinePlayer was still on my laptop computer. Caution: I do not have a blu-ray drive on that laptop so I don't know if the BR add-on needs to be reinstalled for BR playback

The following components will be kept when installing Creator NXT over Creator 2012

CinePlayer (including BD if it is installed)

PhotoShow

TSM tracks (50 or 100 depending on version)

Easy Livin’ SonicFire PRO library

FaceFilter 2

Roxio does not recommend a clean install or remove Creator 2012 before installing Creator NXT.

stupid as it may seem why get rid of cineplayer for an inferior windvd at least we could play dvds with cineplayer roxio nxt to me is a downgrade with a load of bundled old software from corel. and lets not forget they couldnt even support bluray like er cyberlink and nero

Who knows why these decisions are made :huh:

Didn't you say in your Topic you have applied for a refund?

yep refund is on the way just finding it interesting what people are having to say about this latest version ill pay for quality not quantity.

Edited by antmars