Toast 11.1 (1067) Various Issues

r2g2

Question

I purchased this software just over a month ago and have been struggling ever since and at this point i am just considering asking Roxio to refund my money...

* Writing lead out never completes beyond 30%

* For this reason, spanning a session across multiple disc fails

* Never Aborts... says its aborting but it just sits there

* Sometimes when burning a single disc, it just sits there in "Preparing" state

* Constant hangs / freezes

I mean, come on Roxio, get your act together! Even FINDER does a much better job at burning data dvd's than this overpriced piece of software. Has anyone had success in asking for refunds?

(I am on rMBP, Mountain Lion, Memorex 12x USB 3.0 Bluray burner)

Edited by r2g2

5 answers to this question

I purchased this software just over a month ago and have been struggling ever since and at this point i am just considering asking Roxio to refund my money...

* Writing lead out never completes beyond 30%

* For this reason, spanning a session across multiple disc fails

* Never Aborts... says its aborting but it just sits there

* Sometimes when burning a single disc, it just sits there in "Preparing" state

* Constant hangs / freezes

I mean, come on Roxio, get your act together! Even FINDER does a much better job at burning data dvd's than this overpriced piece of software. Has anyone had success in asking for refunds?

(I am on rMBP, Mountain Lion, Memorex 12x USB 3.0 Bluray burner)

I've had to re-install the original 11.0.0 as there were so many problems with 11.1 (although I think I got up to 11.0.4 with no problems). I'd advise to do that if you can, while the bugs are fixed...

I've had to re-install the original 11.0.0 as there were so many problems with 11.1 (although I think I got up to 11.0.4 with no problems). I'd advise to do that if you can, while the bugs are fixed...

Using Mountain Lion, so had to upgrade first to 11.0.7, which functions, but does not reliably save .disc files and takes appx 45 seconds to present a file list when choosing to Open or Save files.

On recommendation from Roxio tech support, I then upgraded to 11.1 which failed to load completely. So 11.0.7 works "kind of" with OSX 10.8.2, but not close to acceptable for commercial product.

I got and installed Toast 11.0 this week and upgraded to Toast 11.1 last night. However, I still have problems spanning disks. The takes up 4 Blu-Ray 25 GB disks and Toast will write disk one and two but fails on disk 3. I states it is at 99% but has no completion time. It will sit like that for days. Asking it to abort sends it to a loop that never complets the process. I have to force quit the program. I can read data from disk one and disk two. I have it set to not split files when spanning disks. No compression. Any ideas what is wrong?

According to Toast 11's system requirements, Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion is not supported; only Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), and Lion (10.7). This is probably the main reason why you cannot find Toast in Apple's App Store. 9 months after Mountain Lion's release, and Roxio (or Corel (or whoever))) still does not have a version of Toast that fully supports the current Mac operating system. I'm not sure what's more disappointing, frankly, this or the fact that Toast is required for my Mac to be able to interact with my TiVos.

According to Toast 11's system requirements, Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion is not supported; only Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), and Lion (10.7). This is probably the main reason why you cannot find Toast in Apple's App Store. 9 months after Mountain Lion's release, and Roxio (or Corel (or whoever))) still does not have a version of Toast that fully supports the current Mac operating system. I'm not sure what's more disappointing, frankly, this or the fact that Toast is required for my Mac to be able to interact with my TiVos.

This is incorrect. Roxio completely rewrote Toast 11 and released it as version 11.1. It works fine with Mountain Lion. It is important to be running Toast 11.1 (1072) rather than 11.1 (1067). The latter is installed via Toast's built-in software update. Roxio/Corel has not chosen to make Toast available as an individual app via the App store but instead sells it as a bundle of apps on their own. What doesn't work in Mountain Lion is Spin Doctor X. But it barely works at all in anything. As for working with the TiVo, you can use either Toast 10 or Toast 11. Actually, Toast 10.0.9 works fine in Mountain Lion as far as I can tell.

Unfortunately I have no advice for bearinwoods regarding the spanning freezing after the second disc. If he is running Toast 11.1 (1072) and it is doing that, all I can suggest is submitting a bug report via the link that's posted near the top of this forum.