Does This Latest Nxt Version Of Creator Slow Down Your System?

Uncle Ben

Question

4 answers to this question

No! - and that applies to all versions, not just NXT...

One thing we have seen is that recent Creator Suites always default to Hardware Rendering... It runs a test on your Video Card and almost always returns HW as the answer :angry:

In either VideoWave or MyDVD go under Tools - Options - Render and try setting it to Software and after you reboot, see how it performs...

Let us know what you find ;)

Perhaps you misread my post, or else I'm misreading your reply. I don't have NXT, I'm exploring the possibility of buying it because my current Easy Media Creator 9 is not on the MS Win 7 Compatibility list.

ECM 9 on my old computer, in spite of sporatic stability issues (system crashes, wasting a lot of CDs and DVDs due to incomplete copying, etc.) overall I was happy with it. There were issues but they were sporadic in nature, as opposed to chronic.

So I gather from your response that you have had no issues whatsoever with NXT or any previous releases -- that is no system crashes, so system performance slow down, nothing. Everything works fine, yes?

Thanks for your help Jim.

Yes all version work fine.

Of course I have had a program within the Suite crash from time to time... And Windows 3, 95, 98, XP, Vista & Win7 have also crashed on me from time to time... As have eveything in MS Office and about everyother software I have ever used :lol:

But nothing crashes all of the time, everytime ;)

I did mistake you thinking you said you saw a performance hit... That is why I mentioned what I have seen in 'Rendering Settings' that have had an effect.