• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Doughboy

Xbox To Roxio Lag

Question

Ok,

So when I want to record, I start up my xbox and my roxio capture card software. When I do something on my xbox it has about a 3 second lag to record it on my roxio hd gamecap device. I have made sure that all my settings are correct on the roxio/xbox and have brand new HDMI cables, so its not the cables.

My computer specs

Manufacturer- Dell

Model- m5010

Rating- 4.5 windows experience index

Processor- AMD Phenom (Roman numeral 2) n850 Triple core processor 2.20 GHz

Ram- 4 GB 3.75 usable

OS- 64-bit

11 answers to this question

"3 seconds" seems a bit extreme, sure it isn't more like .3??? (still annoying :wacko: )

Some delay is Normal, you can't convert a signal to digital then fill a screen with it and run background tasks all at the same time :o

I would advise that you us a TV to Play the Game On while capturing and not look at the computer...

Otherwise, you will never get past the first level :lol:

I don't have mine yet, so maybe some other users can be of assistance here???

The lag is completely normal.

This is due to the processing of the video and subsequent output to your PC.

Ignore the lag - it's harmless. Adjust your capture time accordingly.

The lag is completely normal.

This is due to the processing of the video and subsequent output to your PC.

Ignore the lag - it's harmless. Adjust your capture time accordingly.

How much 'Lag' do you typically see?

I hope to get the HD Pro package soon but a lot of things are vying for my limited income :lol:

It's usually only a couple of seconds for me. 3 seconds I'm sure is possible though. I wouldn't think it should be anything over that though.

Wow! That would be so distracting it might be better to turn off the monitor while capturing :lol::D:lol:

Keep in mind you can use VideoWave to Trim off the excess at the beginning and ends, as well as cut out the 'goofs' in the middle - not that you would ever make any :D

Yeah, I see somewhere between 2 to 3 seconds lag on mine too. It would indeed be distracting to be looking at/listening to that while playing.

also reporting 2 to 3 seconds depending on whats going on in the game (Cutscene, high action and explosions)

this is normal with a usb 2.0 capture card, i remember back in the day with a Dazzle. sometimes i would get 4 to 5 seconds and that was RCA.

Anyways, the preview screen is pretty much a screen to see how your recording looks and so on. Many people think you can use the preview as a real time screen. The only way that could happen is if Roxio came out with a cap card that used USB 3.0 and whatnot.

but then everyone would have to upgrade their pcs

I have been saying to people comment about this on my youtube videos that you can purchase a small HDMI tv/computer monitor for around 100 bucks or less these days or even a Gaems G155 Mobile Gaming Center which is amazing in it owns sense.

why does it matter tho? Just don't look at the screen lol.

here is the thing, i think some people think the preview screen/video can be used as a realtime on screen for them to play their game on.

like i said, i have atleast 15 people this month already comment on my videos regarding video lag on the preview screen.

I don't find that a problem at all. I just look at my monitor and play. I don't look at my computer monitor and see the preview to play. That is just dumb/

I don't find that a problem at all. I just look at my monitor and play. I don't look at my computer monitor and see the preview to play. That is just dumb/

I would bet that some users were hoping to be able to just use their PC monitor to both Play and Capture or Stream and eliminate the "extra" monitor ^_^

Would be nice :wacko: