• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Using Disc Image To Speed Up Blu-Ray Burning

Martinnel

Question

When I format an SD DVD in DVD Studio Pro I can make VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders and then burn them in Toast. All the formatting is done and so the burn process is fairly quick. It seems (italicized because I'm aware this could just be my lack of understanding) that if I format a Blu-ray in Toast (DVD Studio Pro won't do Blu-rays) then save it, the next time I want to burn this disc, I launch the project and it has to Multiplex, Fill the RAM Cache and Write (and maybe some other steps, can't remember) all over again.

Is there a way, perhaps by first making a disc image, to speed up this process? If not, what is Blu-ray disc image for? Toast Video Player will play the individual elements in it, but won't show you what the menu looks like.

Martin

1 answer to this question

Sorry, I'm confused. You say you format the Blu-ray in Toast and then save it. In what way are you saving it? If you are choosing Save as Disc Image then you can use the Image File setting in the Copy window to burn that .toast file to disc. If you want to copy a Blu-ray disc you burned in Toast you can use the Disc Copy function in the Copy window.