• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

AAXIII

Roxio Game Capture Hd Pro (Select Device Not Found)

Question

I am having trouble with getting a signal on my roxio hardware. I keep getting a message saying "Select video device failed" and then the status goes from a No signal to Capture device. At first I thought it was my console so I unplugged the HDMI cables and then tried again with just the USB connected to the computer. Same messages.

Please help me.

Not sure on this one. Reboot the PC - start all the wire connections over by scratch - start fresh. Make sure your INPUT is set to HDMI.

I tried that already. Still getting the same problem. I've tried installing the software on my brother's computer and it works 100%. I've updated EVERYTHING on my computer and it still doesn't work. I really don't want to end up buying another computer just for game capture. I even sent my computer info directly to Roxio support and even they said that my computer should be able to work with the software but apparently it doesn't.

Wow that might actually be the reason. I have Roxio running on my TV that has both my Xbox and PC connected to it. If this works then you sir are a genius.

The output to a TV or Monitor shouldn't make any difference.

You can capture with just the console and the PC connected.I've done it.

Take the output from the device to the TV away,leave just the XBox and the PC connected and what happens?

Do you get the same No Signal?

In the software do you have Roxio GameCap HD PRO as the Source?

If so then the device should be being recognized by Windows and the software.

Is your Input,either Component or HDMI,set correctly?

If the problem still exits with just the XBox and the PC connected then it could be the USB cable,the USB port you're connected to or even the device.

Edited by tbrewst

#$^@. It still says "select video device failed" even with everything disconnected. The only thing connected was the USB from the capture device to the computer. I don't understand this. I even sent an email to the support team and they requested a diagnostic of my computer to see what's wrong and they said that my computer is fine and it should run properly.

I tried using the very same capture device and USB on my brother's laptop and it works fine. On my computer, before it says "select video device failed", my Windows Aero disables and switches to Windows Basic, then the message on the software pops up.

The signal goes from "no signal" then switches to Windows Basic and says "Capture Device" with red color font.

So, we know the Roxio is ok (works good on your brothers computer).

How about giving us the specs on your computer, especially on your video card/chipset?.

If you don't know how go here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/81985-identifying-your-computer-specs-and-computer-drivers-windows/

AAXIII: This IS NOT support!!!

We are fellow users just like you ;)

Most likely your problem stems from a faulty install... I am guessing you made the common mistake of inserting the USB before you installed the software <_<

In that case Windows installs the wrong driver for the Roxio GameCap and your stuck with it :huh: Even if you did not, this is something you need to do and we hope it will get you going! (do it exactly this way, skip nothing!)

Only way to fix it is to disable the device and run a Repair to correct the drivers... Disable the device in the Device Manager:

post-39730-0-21962300-1350215854_thumb.jpg

Plug in the Capture device and Disable it in the Device Manager (Sound and Video Game Controllers)

Unplug it and put it aside till later.

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc (download version - run Install)

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, you will have to reapply the SP1.1 for game capture.

Then turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

I hope this will get you up and running ;)

I was really hoping that would work. I followed every step on your post (at least I think I did) but I'm still getting that same message from the screen capture I put up. Maybe there was a small detail that you probably didn't mention that I should have also done in the process. Other than that I don't know. I'm really glad everyone is giving their all to help me out and I had no clue that you guys were just users. SO PRO!

Edited by AAXIII

So was I :lol:

With the Roxio Software NOT running and the device unplugged, open your Device Manager...

Then plug in the device and note the change. Does it look just like my picture above?

Confirm you do have the software running on your number 1 (or main) monitor?

Another way to test is to provide the device a signal from a DVD/BD Player using component or HDMI output from them...

I did the first advice that you provided and yes, it looks like the picture above. I am also running the software on my main monitor. I don't understand the other way to test it.

What Jim is asking you to do is instead of your Consul providing the source of a Video signal to the capture card, use a DVD or BD player using either a Component cable or HDMI cable.

I don't see how that will fix anything. I start the software and connect the the device to my computer with NOTHING ELSE connected to it and I still get a "Select Video Device Failed".

Wow. Fine. Ok I followed what ogdens and Jim advised but still getting the same issue.

Edited by AAXIII
  • Like 1

Thanks, that eliminates your game box as the problem!

Let me review & ponder this a bit...

If anyone has any fresh ideas, pile on!

Thanks. I really hope I don't end up resorting to buying a laptop just for the device since my computer is having a problem running it.

I don't know if this helps or if I've already mentioned this but every time I run the program and click on "CAPTURE", my windows aero disables and switches to Basic. Don't know if that will help but I'm throwing it out there.

To verify if the Aero is working correctly go into Start>Windows Help&Support>type Aero into the Search, and follow the directions.

I reviewed the postings but nothing really jumped out at me...

We have confirmed the GameCAP device works both on your brother's computer and on yours when connected to another input source... That is correct, right?

Which leaves your hookup from your gamebox...

I suggest that you re-wire the setup in the EXACT manor shown for your Game Box. Compare it to the Picture and Double Check Everything!!! (very easy to make a mistake and keep repeating it when checking ~ don't ask me how I know that :lol: )

post-39730-0-73021800-1350385596_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-99936000-1350385601_thumb.jpg

The main thing is to follow the examples precisely ~ not the time for any creative ideas -_-

I did that when I first tried to install it on my brother's laptop. It worked on my first try. I took notes of what I did and applied the same steps on my computer but still no luck. He also has Windows 7 and his computer never switched to Basic but mine did. Could it be that there's a corrupted file or something that I have on my computer that needs to be checked maybe?

Nothing corrupted that would do that AND not get fixed in the Repair process...

Although, I don't think we ever did anything about your Video Drivers & Software???

Video Driver Updates for AMD ATI & NVIDIA:

AMD

NVIDIA

Edited by Jim_Hardin