• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

clive_gordon

Convert Videowave 2D To 3D Projects

Question

Hi,

I have lots of 2D Videowave projects saved and I have just upgraded from Creator 2010 to Creator NTX

Is there a straightforward method to convert them to 3D projects ?

Thanks for any suggestions.

22 answers to this question

How and what are you going to watch them with. What type of 3D do you want?

If you are going to watch them on your computer or on a TV connected to your computer, CinePlayer will do red/cyan anaglyph on the fly. I watched Avatar that way.

Thanks for the replies.

I will be watching on an Active Shutter TV and probably burn productions to disc.

I have looked at the tutorial and it talks about the creation of 3D Video but not about the conversion of existing 2D VideoWave projects to 3D VideoWave projects.

I have no problem creating a 3D project from scratch - it is VideoWave conversion that I would like to know if it's possible ? Or do they need to be re-created manually ?

Have you tried anything? Sometimes it is better and clearer if you do experiment a little.

Open Create DVD, select 3D, then RealD. Add your project from Video Wave.. The program will ask you if it is 2D or 3D. I you select 2D, the program will start converting it. Be ready to wait; it takes a long time.

Continue if you have more than one project to add. Make sure that you have selected best quality and have not gone over one hour. Encode to a ISO file. The burn it to a RW disc.

See if that works and let us know.

Edited by sknis

Thanks Skins, Sure I have been trying but drawn a blank so far.

When I select 3D project in My DVD the only VideoWave files that it will let me add are *.dmsm3d. It does not give the the option to add regular *.dmsm files even if I select "All Media Formats". Does your version give you the option to add either ?

I tried to manually add the production.dmsm details in the File Name field but it does nothing when I click Add.

Will keep trying.....

Thanks for takng the trouble to investigate this.

Sorry, I was thinking that you had video files rather than video projects. You can output your video from Video Wave as a video file and then use that as either 2D or 3D.

I did use the incoreect term; mea culpa. :(

Edited by sknis

Now I am getting a little confused :lol:

IF you are in MyDVD and select Open Project, the only files it will allow are MyDVD Project files:

post-39730-0-52129000-1349091568_thumb.jpg

However if you choose Add, you will get a full choice:

post-39730-0-62995600-1349091621_thumb.jpg

Isn't this what you are seeing? :huh:

Hi Jim, thanks for taking an inerest in the thread

When you click Add New Movie in 3D mode does the full choice include *.dmsm for VideoWave 2D projects ?

Mine does not, This is what I see, Just *.dmsm3d

Skins that's a great idea to create a 2D video file from VideoWave as an interim then import and convert it to 3D in My DVD.

Let me have a play and I will let you know.....

Hi Jim, thanks for taking an inerest in the thread

When you click Add New Movie in 3D mode does the full choice include *.dmsm for VideoWave 2D projects ?

Mine does not, This is what I see, Just *.dmsm3d

Most likely you cannot add a 2D project file to a 3D project and you can only add 2D video files.

You are not in MyDVD!

You are in the VideoWave Editor of MyDVD... ;)

And that is the reason you are seeing differences from what what we are seeing.

Normal work flow is to do all of your editing in VideoWave (Edit Video-Advanced) then bring those saved DMSM or DMSM3D Projects into MyDVD as Titles.

It can be done the way you are using it but you will run into some limitations and end up painting yourself into a corner :lol:

Now it's me getting confused Jim.

My screen shot above shows that I an trying to add files to MyDVD - 3D Half Width and all I see are *.dmsm3d.

I think you can only add *.dmsm3d files to 3D projects and *.dmsm to 2D projects.

Skins made a very good suggestion to create a 2D video file from VideoWave then add that and convert to 2D in MyDVD.

Am doing some testing with that approach now...

Now it's me getting confused Jim.

My screen shot above shows that I an trying to add files to MyDVD - 3D Half Width and all I see are *.dmsm3d.

I think you can only add *.dmsm3d files to 3D projects and *.dmsm to 2D projects.

Skins made a very good suggestion to create a 2D video file from VideoWave then add that and convert to 2D in MyDVD.

Am doing some testing with that approach now...

NO, that is in the EDITOR of MyDVD which is far more restricted that using VideoWave (Edit Video-Advanced)...

This wasn't written for 3D but should help you get an idea of the Suite ;)

Here

Correct me if I am wrong but I was following the lead in your original screen shot above and clicking the same button "Add New Movie" when you said "However if you choose Add, you will get a full choice:" ?

Correct me if I am wrong but I was following the lead in your original screen shot above and clicking the same button "Add New Movie" when you said "However if you choose Add, you will get a full choice:" ?

I get exactly what you get, Clive. But it's probably as designed. Like Walt suggested, we probably can't select a 2D project. If you want to convert , choose a 2D video file and you will be prompted to do that.

If you need to edit, start with Videowave first and create a .dmsm3d project which can then be added to MyDVD 3D project.

Edited by ggrussell

Thanks ggrussell, Thought I was not looking in the wrong place and you are probly right that it is by design.

- that's all I really needed to hear by that point.

Hi Jim, Sorry you feel that way but as you did not appear to understand what I was getting at (as skins.

ggrussel & myguggi obviously did) then I decided not to labour the point.

Your tutorials are excellent though and I have learnt a lot in the last week - but not how to do what was the purpose of my posting :)

skins - I have now managed to try your good suggestion to create a file from VideoWave and then import and convert to 3D into MyDVD (takes a lot of time as you would imagine, hence the delay replying).

This certainly works but I must admit that comparing the resultant 3D affect to the one given by the 2D to 3D conversion built in to the Samsung TV I will be using the latter from now on.

Thanks for taking the time to understand what I was after though.

I did understand and you did not seem to get that doing the same way everytime is never going to work!

good luck to you, I have nothing to add.