Won't Install, After It Almost Did:(

ttony_at

Question

I borrowed "Roxio easy VHS to DVD" from a friend.

I put in the Installation disc into the laptop (Acer, Windows 7). I entered the Key and it went throught

what looked like normal instalation procetures and then began to load into the laptop. It showed two

progress bars. But then it seem to stop. And when I thought something I had gone wrong, I pulled out the

installation CD.

Perhaps it was the wrong thing to do because when I tried to instal it again, it no longer asks me anything.

It just says, " This operation system does not meet the minumum requirements for Roxio Easy VHS to

DVD".

How do I get it to start all over again install it?

Tony

3 answers to this question

I assume you borrowed it as a short term trial or one time use.

If you have Windows Restore active, roll back your computer to just before you tried to install the program.

If you don't have Restore active, download the free trial of Revo Pro uninstaller. Run it; select Moderate Mode. See if the program shows up in the list. If so, use that to do a standard uninstall. Agree to delete the registry entries and folders it finds. If it does not show up in the list, use the "Forced Uninstall" option. Use Windows to find where the partially installed program is located on your computer.

Yes, when you try to install this program, there is a long pause where it seems that nothing is going on but it will finish.

BTW, make sure your computer is up to date by doing these things.

I borrowed "Roxio easy VHS to DVD" from a friend.

I put in the Installation disc into the laptop (Acer, Windows 7). I entered the Key and it went throught

what looked like normal instalation procetures and then began to load into the laptop. It showed two

progress bars. But then it seem to stop. And when I thought something I had gone wrong, I pulled out the

installation CD.

Perhaps it was the wrong thing to do because when I tried to instal it again, it no longer asks me anything.

It just says, " This operation system does not meet the minumum requirements for Roxio Easy VHS to

DVD".

How do I get it to start all over again install it?

Tony

If your friend has Easy VHS to DVD installed you both violated the license agreement you agree to when installing the software.

post-97-0-27757800-1349008029_thumb.jpg

Oh no we didn't know we're not allowed to share the CD! I didn't know this violated the licence agreement and I'm sure my friend didn't know. We're from the generation of when we used to share vinyl records, tapes and then CDs with friends. Nobody even told us we were doing something wrong in sharing those licenced products!

Now I'll have to figure out how to remove it from the computer so I can use the new one I'll buy.

Edited by ttony_at