• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mkv File To Toast 11, But No Options For Custom Quality Settings?

keebler27

Question

Hi Folks,

Using Toast 11.0.4.

Dropped an MKV to Toast 11 (not pro), but with the BR plugin.

I can change the Quality setting from Good to Custom, but I can not figure out where to configure the 'Custom' settings?

This better not be something available just with the pro?

It's frustrating b/c the file is listed as 1920x1080 59.94 fps and when I burned the 1st 2 BR's, they were both stuttered horribly (I burned one at best and 1 at 1xBR thinking that would make a diff).

BUT then I saw a few other posts, but that Toast defaults to 30 fps so I'm thinking that may be the issue.

Any help would be appreciated as this DVD is a gratis job for a children's hospital house draw. There's a disturbing sequence on the full BR so we need to extract just this one track so that loops as some of the families aren't too happy with the disturbing images.

Cheers,

Keebler

1 answer to this question

My understanding is 59.94 fps just means the source is progressive rather than interlaced. I don't know the cause for the stuttering but something you might try is going to the custom encoder settings window and in the Field Dominance section choose Progressive instead of Automatic. Try it with a short clip and choose Save as Disc Image. When the disc image is complete mount it and launch Roxio Video Player from the Toast Extras menu to preview how the video looks.