• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Harrelsonnn

Component Input Color Issue?

Question

Hi, all. I just got my Roxio Regular Game Capture Card today. I downloaded the software, and plugged all the cables into thier according places. I normaly play on composite input, but when I plug all cables in, I can only do component (Which I know is the right input to record on). I have an HDtv, and my Hd cable is set to HD and NOT "TV". When I plug all my cables into composite plugs and turn on my xbox, the color is fine, but for some reason my component input is discolored. Am I missing a cable? (Roxio does show and record my gameplay properly, BUT component input is discolored and just doesnt look right. And regular TV and composite look fine.) Thanks.

19 answers to this question

If you try and use Composite inputs on a Component device then sure things are going to look weird if you get a picture at all.

Hook it up with Component cables like it's supposed to be and things should work just fine.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, but Og, my question is how can the "correct" picture work if roxio only sent me two different cables, one with two sides RBG and 1 with 2 sides of white and red, wouldnt everything just plug into the card and not anything else? Thanks.

Unfortunately, no. All the cables are plugged into the correct color coded slots on the TV and the card. My input is set to component, and my HDMI cable is set to HD. Roxio records and I do get image on the tv, but it is just a bland green/gray, and it looks nasty on the Roxio image. I think I've narrowed it down to being the HDMI cable which is this cord I have.

Xbox360_Component_Cable.jpg&w=450&h=450&ei=OxpqUOvgE5Ou8ASHxYCgCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=644&vpy=172&dur=4054&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=59&ty=142&sig=113227663687880022354&page=1&tbnh=113&tbnw=109&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0,i:127http://www.google.com/imgres?q=hdmi+cable+xbox&num=10&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=705&tbm=isch&tbnid=pUHFZWTJOgA_7M:&imgrefurl=http://www.highdefforum.com/cables-connections/100962-what-brand-hdmi-cable-xbox-360-a.html&docid=3m5yTCQl6Ndh0M&imgurl=http://www.bombayharbor.com/productImage/0807997001241836238/Xbox360_Component_Cable.jpg&w=450&h=450&ei=OxpqUOvgE5Ou8ASHxYCgCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=644&vpy=172&dur=4054&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=59&ty=142&sig=113227663687880022354&page=1&tbnh=113&tbnw=109&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0,i:127

When I plug it into TV the colors are fine, but plugging it into the card makes the color gross. I'm confused, any ideas? :S

Ok, thanks! They look the same but I'm guessing it plugs into the AV slot? Also I'm guessing there is no HD and TV settings on it? Will I still be able to use it, since my TV is HD?

In the box from Roxio should have been a Component cable.That's Red,Green and Blue.Also there is a Red and White audio cable.

Using the Component adapter from the Xbox (the one ogdens refers to or a XBox provided one) hook up the same Red ,Green and Blue.Also use the Red and White for the Audio input.Do nothing with the Yellow.Leave it hanging.

Set the adapter to HD.

Now to the TV use the Roxio provided cables and connect to a Component input on your TV.Take care when connecting this side as it is the one that is wrong in Roxio's original connection diagram.

Also connect the Red and white audio to the same set of connections on the TV.

Connect the USB cable to your computer,fire up the software and it should work just fine.

If you try and use any other connection method we can't say that it will work or not.

Well guys, I hope you can narrow down the issue, I went and bought an HD component av cable, the one ogdens suggested, and no luck. Screen is still a weird saturated green. I also tried using some RGB cables laying around the house, and same result. When I try to adjust the contrast/color settings on the TV, it doesnt do much. Also, not sure if I noted earlier, but the Roxio cam shows my screen and whats going on, on the xbox, but there is a blue tint. I appreciate the help guys.

Did you hook up the cables from the Capture card to the TV as is shown in post #2?.

Wait a minute, I bought an HD av cable, which is what the packaging said, but it plugs into the HDmi slot, does the cable you recommend plug into the A/V slot on the xbox? If so, thats the issue.

It definitely plugs into the AV slot.In fact once you plug it in you shouldn't be able to plug an HDMI cable in because the housing from the adapter partially covers over the HDMI output..

Another thing is you shouldn't be able to have an HDMI to Component cable.HDMI is digital and Component is analog.You can't get between the two without a converter.

Edited by tbrewst

Either one.

Just call them....or try Amazon online.

Thanks guys, i found a store that sells the cable, I have been looking forward to this for awhile and was a bit frustrated when it didnt work how I wanted it to. Hopefully this works, I believe it will. I really appreciate your help.

I hate to be commenting on this again, but it appears this whole time I've had Hdmi and Av switched up, all this time I've had an av cable and its created the saturation. Sorry guys.