• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

When using the livestreaming functionality of the Game Capture Pro HD the application freezes/crashs almost every 10 to 15 minutes. It seems to happen the most when a game is about to start or end and only when I'm livestreaming. The game I'm playing is HALO Reach and it uses P2P networking so that may have some affect on performance but, I would think not enough to crash my stream and Roxio Capture completely.

I use an original xbox360 arcade with HDMI connections, I have a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate 64bit and all drivers/software including Roxio Capture are updated. Could this be a problem with Roxio's updated software patch ServicePack1. I never tried using the program on its original firmware. Any help at all would be nice.

Also whats with the capped bitrate options when trying to livestream or record. The program doesn't let you go past a certain bitrate on multiple settings HAHA???

Edited by HsN_FearMe
  • Like 1

18 answers to this question

UPDATE: I have exchanged cables and tried the software without SP1 and the issue is still there. I'm talking with a rep as well.

What SP1 are you talking about? As far as I know there is no SP1 yet for the HD Pro version only for the standard Roxio Capture.

Have learned that there is an update available since Sep 27/2012 but it is not listed as yet on the Roxio update page.

Edited by myguggi

These images clearly state that a service pack has been implemented but, my problem in particular was not resolved.

post-106773-0-66460900-1349202096_thumb.png

post-106773-0-33483900-1349202117_thumb.png

post-106773-0-51576700-1349202165_thumb.png

post-106773-0-46769500-1349202192_thumb.png

post-106773-0-96624800-1349202288_thumb.png

Edited by HsN_FearMe

You had better contact Roxio Support

EDIT: We no longer offer phone support.

I'm currently in contact with a rep through email and they escalated me to "Level 2" for the complexity of the problem. Thanks for that phone number as I will try it out promptly.

I'm also having these same problems.

Probably be best if you start your own Topic rather than trying to make your problems fit HsN's :lol:

Details on your system and your level of software/SP's AND video card would be of interest...

I'm also having these same problems.

I'm glad that it's not just me with this problem because this confirms it can be replicated.

Oh and I also tried that Roxio Support number and got nothing but a dial tone so, I don't know what is wrong with it haha.

I'm glad that it's not just me with this problem because this confirms it can be replicated.

Oh and I also tried that Roxio Support number and got nothing but a dial tone so, I don't know what is wrong with it haha.

I just tried it and got the 'Lines are Busy' message... ;)

I just tried it and got the 'Lines are Busy' message... ;)

I better check my phone line then LOL!

Next post I make will be an update from the rep that I'm in contact with through email.

I just checked and noticed the software update as well.

I'm a bit reluctant to update though... my current build (before any updates) shows: 101B35A ENU

post-106682-0-41070000-1349282759_thumb.png

I just checked and noticed the software update as well.

I'm a bit reluctant to update though... my current build (before any updates) shows: 101B35A ENU

I read your other forum post embalmer and noticed that you got Xsplit to capture the screen region of the roxio application. Did you do anything special in order to do this? I tried and ended up getting a weird dark purple image over the video feed instead of the actual capture. I'll post a picture in a few to show what I mean.

I came downstairs today and went to try the cap card again and now everytime I press the capture button it crashes. I was able to get the program to work after a reinstall but, to my surprise after the install was done I checked the version number and it had changed. Now I have seen some weird ^#!& before but, not a device reinstall with different firmware on it.

I browsed around the forums and other people are on this "original" firmware as well without going through the process I did; see picture below for firmware number.

Still having the same problems as before so I'm still stuck at a dead end however, when I went to go and update the "original" firmware to SP1 everything was going smoothly till I rebooted and saw that nothing had changed in the ABOUT section but, the new features(see earlier post about SP1) were present except for recording in 1080P which just disappeared...

This may have been my last attempt because I still haven't gotten a response back from Roxio other then that they will look into it and reply back shortly. At this point I'd rather not wait for them to release a patch and have to do bug hunting for their broken software. Don't get me wrong the hardware is great(quality is amazing for price) unless the problem resides with that.

post-106773-0-56221600-1349298309_thumb.png

post-106773-0-30549700-1349298951_thumb.png

Here is what the Application looks like when I'm livestreaming and it crashes. This only happens when I start or end a game/filmclip and is random when it crashes aprox 5-15mins and can be one or the other.

post-106773-0-83569100-1349299826_thumb.png

I read your other forum post embalmer and noticed that you got Xsplit to capture the screen region of the roxio application. Did you do anything special in order to do this? I tried and ended up getting a weird dark purple image over the video feed instead of the actual capture. I'll post a picture in a few to show what I mean.

Can we stay on Topic please ;)

And this is your own Topic :D

Best to open a new one or use the Messaging...

As to your issue with crashing??? Have you checked to make sure you have the Video Card Drivers and Software up to date? seems like they have a new one every month :lol:

Video Driver Updates for AMD ATI & NVIDIA:

Can we stay on Topic please ;)

And this is your own Topic :D

Best to open a new one or use the Messaging...

As to your issue with crashing??? Have you checked to make sure you have the Video Card Drivers and Software up to date? seems like they have a new one every month :lol:

Video Driver Updates for AMD ATI & NVIDIA:

I am on the latest drivers but, thanks for the links.