Question

hello, im hoping i can get some help here because im at my wit's end. ive been having problems running roxio 2012 on my newest pc which i built myself. i am running windows 7 ultimate 64-bit with an amd 6 core fx 6100 processor and 16GB of RAM currently. i am able to install the software with no problems at all but when i try to burn mp3 discs using music disc creator my writes always fail and show the message "LUN not ready". ive googled and googled to no end and found absolutely NOTHING pertaining to this error message. i am super frustrated. i have uninstalled and re-installed the software multiple times and i've also tried this px engine fix to no avail. can anyone suggest anything else?

24 answers to this question

LUN may refer to "Logical Unit Number" See this. Is there an error code to go along with the text?

What burner(s) do you have? It does not seem like a Roxio error. Can Windows see your drive? Can you burn anything to that drive from Windows (use an RW disc).

Edited by sknis

LUN may refer to "Logical Unit Number" See this. Is there an error code to go along with the text?

What burner(s) do you have? It does not seem like a Roxio error. Can Windows see your drive? Can you burn anything to that drive from Windows (use an RW disc).

yes, it definitely refers to logical unit number. i actually researched that much prior to posting this. i also uninstalled and re-installed my drive via the device manager several times prior to posting this as well. i even updated the firmware, also to no avail. my drive is a TSST Corp SH-222BB. i can read and write with the drive with all of my other software (nero, dvdfab, image burn, etc). roxio is the ONLY program that cannot burn so i'm pretty sure its a software issue. my burns get to about 40% before the error appears. i have uninstalled it but the error code i got was: 12040804. any ideas or suggestions based on what ive told u already though?

Edited by latemodelsedan

Read this thread. That error code is listed in the small print. Did you update the firmware or drivers for your burner?

Also look at cd's signature above and try item 7 which is specific for Roxio.

Edited by sknis

thanks for not forgetting about me. i read that thread and yes, ive tried updating my drive's firmware and that didnt help. next i even installed a totally different burner and i STILL got the exact same error so now im convinced its an issue with windows. i cant see any reason why BOTH drives would fail and only fail with roxio. is it possible that maybe something is missing from my windows installation that roxio needs to see the drives or to write properly?? would doing a windows repair help??

is it possible that maybe something is missing from my windows installation that roxio needs to see the drives or to write properly??

It's not a Microsoft thing, but Roxio needs a properly functioning 'PX Engine' to be able to see your optical drives. Cdanteek is the expert on this, but isn't online at the moment. May I suggest you try his solution?

Read this topic, http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/74799-no-drive-detected/?do=findComment&comment=374534 and follow his post #6 to the letter, please.

It's not a Microsoft thing, but Roxio needs a properly functioning 'PX Engine' to be able to see your optical drives. Cdanteek is the expert on this, but isn't online at the moment. May I suggest you try his solution?

Read this topic, http://forums.suppor...ed/#entry374534 and follow his post #6 to the letter, please.

i actually tried the px fix before i posted this thread. no luck. is there a way to determine if the px engine is in fact the issue that needs to be corrected?

i actually tried the px fix before i posted this thread. no luck. is there a way to determine if the px engine is in fact the issue that needs to be corrected?

You tried the fix to the ' T ' Brendon linked you to in post #6?

You tried the fix to the ' T ' Brendon linked you to in post #6?

yes, but i will do it again just for the sake of troubleshooting. question, how do you determine if roxio is actually seeing/detecting my drive BEFORE/WITHOUT attempting a write? in your guide you say to reboot and "see if roxio can see your drives". where in roxio do i determine this?

yes, but i will do it again just for the sake of troubleshooting. question, how do you determine if roxio is actually seeing/detecting my drive BEFORE/WITHOUT attempting a write? in your guide you say to reboot and "see if roxio can see your drives". where in roxio do i determine this?

It will see them...

post-97-0-11786900-1349826621_thumb.jpg

oh,okay. well, it already sees them. thats not my problem. my problem is after burn setup when the write starts i get that 'LUN not ready' error .. so that said, do i still need to do the px fix if i can already see my drive?

Try this to test if your burner is the problem.

Download ImgBurn v2.5.7.0 (5,976 KB (free very small no hassle program) here>>> http://imgburn.com/i...hp?act=download

Install it and reboot your PC.

Now open Roxio and follow the pic.

Open ImgBurn and follow the pic's.

Does it burn without the Lun error message??

post-97-0-08069400-1349879264_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-31871400-1349879265_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-46784700-1349879266_thumb.jpg

before i do this, i can tell u that yes, it does burn with nero, imageburn, dvdfab, and windows. its bcuz i cant get roxio to work that ive been forced to used nero. so yes, all other burning software works just fine. roxio is the only problem. would u still like for me to go thru these steps?

before i do this, i can tell u that yes, it does burn with nero, imageburn, dvdfab, and windows. its bcuz i cant get roxio to work that ive been forced to used nero. so yes, all other burning software works just fine. roxio is the only problem. would u still like for me to go thru these steps?

No, follow this again to the letter, don't add anything or skip anything.

http://forums.suppor...ed/#entry374534

still wont work. burning progress goes to about 50% then i get the same error. the program does start the drive so i guess thats a good sign but my burns all fail. im so fed up with this software. ive been using roxio exclusively for years and never had any problems till now. i even emailed tech support and of course they didnt respond.

Are you using a good quality DVD blank? A stack of them may have some bad ones. Store brands and Memorex have a higher percent of bad ones.

im currently using windata dvd-r's & hp cd-r's. i dont think its the discs bcuz they burn just fine with nero and image burn. only roxio is giving me problems. no other software but roxio is having issues. i think its safe to say roxio is the problem in some way shape or form. in a way im kinda glad bcuz one thing ive always hated about roxio is the fact that u have to install the ENTIRE bundle of software whether u plan on using it or not. pretty annoying. so maybe this is a good thing. im not sure how much more troubleshooting can be done here.

im currently using windata dvd-r's & hp cd-r's. i dont think its the discs bcuz they burn just fine with nero and image burn. only roxio is giving me problems. no other software but roxio is having issues. i think its safe to say roxio is the problem in some way shape or form. in a way im kinda glad bcuz one thing ive always hated about roxio is the fact that u have to install the ENTIRE bundle of software whether u plan on using it or not. pretty annoying. so maybe this is a good thing. im not sure how much more troubleshooting can be done here.

"Lun not ready" problem are not only with Roxio. A google search lists thousands of hits only very few are with Roxio. People are having the same error using Nero which indicates that it is not strictly a Roxio problem

"Lun not ready" problem are not only with Roxio. A google search lists thousands of hits only very few are with Roxio. People are having the same error using Nero which indicates that it is not strictly a Roxio problem

my google search yielded no results for roxio OR nero. in any case, on my pc the issue is ONLY with roxio. nero, dvdfab, image burn, ez cd creator, etc etc etc work just fine. ONLY roxio is giving me problems. see link: http://tinyurl.com/9u9g6xf

Edited by latemodelsedan

You seem to only be seeing what you want... I followed your link and saw many other results!

I also searched all the forums here and yours is the only posting???

If it was as common Roxio problem, as you imply, wouldn't there be a multitude of posts?

Have you contacted Roxio Support.....they may have had other users with the same problem and can help you...you have nothing to lose....

You seem to only be seeing what you want... I followed your link and saw many other results!

I also searched all the forums here and yours is the only posting???

If it was as common Roxio problem, as you imply, wouldn't there be a multitude of posts?

i read alot of the "other" results and they were not problems similar to mine. and just because there arent a "multitude" of posts doesnt mean im the only one experiencing this issue. if my drive works with EVERY other burning software i have installed i seriously doubt if its a windows issue or a pc issue or even a device issue. and yes, i contacted roxio support over a week ago and have yet to get a response. ive decided to nix it. i only use music disc creator and so rarely that its not even worth the trouble of troubleshooting any further nor do i want to install their entire bundle just for that any more at this point. thanks for all your replies and assistance but i am done with roxio creator. if a mod would like to close this thread then be my guest but i am not going to mark it solved bcuz the problem was not solved.