• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 130 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

IIF

Blu Ray Disk Not Being Create

Question

Question:

1. I have created a blu ray disk image (through Toast 11, BD Plugin)- how do I check if this has created the correct files/ format?

2. When I do the following:

Once the disk image is complete, click on the “Copy” icon in the upper left corner - it is the one immediately to the right of the “Video” one.

Select “Image File” in the menu that appears on the left.

Drag the disk image you just created into the window on the right.

Put a recordable Blu-ray disc into your burner and click the big red button.

The burning window will appear. Use the “Recorder” menu to select the burner, if you have more than one - you’ll know you have the correct drive when the status immediately below it says “Blank BD-R.”

Click the “Record” button and the burning process will begin.

However, when I burn the dvd, I get nothing on the dvd. It is not recognised on my PS3 or on my blu ray disk player.

Is there anyway I can figure out:

1. If the disk image is correct?

Thanks- need some help urgently as I have to take my films for screening at a festival.

Vinay

4 answers to this question

When you mount the disc image (one way to do this is by adding it to the copy window and clicking the mount button if it isn't mounted automatically) you can look inside the mounted item in the Finder. You also can launch Roxio Video Player from the Toast Extras menu and play the videos within the mounted image (or on the Toast-burned Blu-ray disc).

What settings did you use in Toast when you created the disc image?

When I mount it in toast, I see 2 folders- BDMV & Certificate. I can see a stream folder in BDMV which has a file (.mts), which I can open in VLC and see the video. However, the dvd when burned again shows the same two folders. It does not play on its own.

Thanks for your reply.

When I mount it in toast, I see 2 folders- BDMV & Certificate. I can see a stream folder in BDMV which has a file (.mts), which I can open in VLC and see the video. However, the dvd when burned again shows the same two folders. It does not play on its own.

Thanks for your reply.

It was authored properly. Did you use Toast 11.1 or an earlier version of Toast 11? What brand of BD-R media did you use? I don't know why it isn't playing so I'm trying to gather any additional information. Is the firmware up to date on the PS3 and the Blu-ray player?

Give the new Toast 11.1 (1072) a try. It mentions a Blu-ray playback fix that's different from what you're experiencing, but it may be a solution. You need to do the project over again.