• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Boskosauce

Refund Request Did Not Give Me Location To Send Product

Question

So I requested a refund, accepted the letter of destruction but I never receieved any other information besides an RMA. Do I just send this back to the location it was sent from? Or another location? I was never told to do any of that. I also contacted Customer Service and mentioned the same things I just previously mentioned, but I got an automated response back a few hours later about the refund request and basically to do what I had already done.

Do I need to send it back? Not sure why it wouldn't tell me to send it back, with a mailing address.

FREE ITEMS! WOO! :P

12 answers to this question

So I requested a refund, accepted the letter of destruction but I never receieved any other information besides an RMA. Do I just send this back to the location it was sent from? Or another location? I was never told to do any of that. I also contacted Customer Service and mentioned the same things I just previously mentioned, but I got an automated response back a few hours later about the refund request and basically to do what I had already done.

Do I need to send it back? Not sure why it wouldn't tell me to send it back, with a mailing address.

FREE ITEMS! WOO! :P

not a lot mileage in having a free item that you must consider is useless/no good/broken/rubbish or for whatever reason you required a refund

Hang on to it for a while... There may be updated in a few days to a week, sometime it seems the left hand is not keeping track of the right hand :P

Otherwise I would send it back to where it came from... RMA means Return Manufacture Authorization, not Keep It :lol::D:lol:

I just think they should have been a bit more specific and added an actual address and other instructions. Seems a bit odd to include a letter of destruction but no address. I've dealt with returns before and this was the first time I haven't seen any instructions. Maybe the letter of destruction also meant the destruction of not only the software (uninstalling it), but also destroying the capture device as well. Anyone got some fireworks or tnt or something? (I'm kidding!)

I don't want to send it to the address that it shipped from just in case it's not the correct address. I don't want to waste money. :|

I Agree!!!

Just sit on it for a spell... I still have the box for my first Atari :lol:

What does this Letter of Destruction actually say???

It Could Be, that the RMA was merely a bureaucratic way of handling the Refund from their end :huh:

This is what the letter of destruction said.

Letter of Destruction

Customer has requested a refund from Digital River for the product(s) identified in the comments box at the bottom of this page. Customer understands and agrees that, prior to receiving a refund, Customer must take the necessary measures to delete and destroy the intellectual property licensed to Customer (for use under the terms of the Publisher's license agreement) for which Customer is seeking the refund.

By clicking the "I Agree" button at the bottom of this page, Customer represents and warrants that Customer has in fact rendered the product completely unusable by Customer, and that Customer has not made any copies of the product available to any other person. Customer further represents and warrants that Customer has not kept any back up or other copies of the product for any reason.

In reliance on Customer's representations and warranties, Digital River agrees it will refund the purchase price of the product to the Customer. Furthermore, Digital River will report the product as "destroyed" to the software vendor once this letter has been executed by the Customer and received at Digital River. Customer acknowledges that any continued use of the software product constitutes a willful copyright infringement on the part of Customer. By law, Customer may be liable for civil damages (including attorneys' fees) of up to 150,000 USD for each willful copyright infringement.

I think it was mainly for the software they provided. Basically telling me to uninstall it or else. Nothing about an RMA or where to send it to.

Forgot to mention they issued the refund already. Lol

Edited by Boskosauce

Yes I would say that refers only to the software and ignores any mention of the capture box :huh:

Let is gather dust until you get bored of waiting :lol:

Just a quick update. It is now October 15th and I still have yet to receive any type of email from Roxio. I actually feel bad for still having the device, but I want to be absolutely sure of the location that I need to send this back to. I'm gonna see about calling or emailing again later in the evening because I do honestly feel bad. Lol

Don't be silly...

In large companies it is often cheaper to let someone keep the product than to try to take it back into inventory :huh: They do not have any provision to market "used" ones nor can they actually be "recycled" by Roxio...

On the other hand, you can drop it in the recycle box and pretend your trash company somehow recovers eveything :unsure:

I still have my Atari in the attic, so you really don't want to listen to my advice :lol::D:lol: