How Do You Capture At 60Fps?

Newtype

Question

11 answers to this question

"60i" stands for "60 Interlaced Fields per second...

Which has absolutely Nothing to do with Frames per second which are 30 in this case ;)

Now 60P should be 60 fps but 30 would do nicely there as well :lol:

You are not alone in this missunderstanding - http://forums.photographyreview.com/digital-video/60i-vs-60p-79644.html

From I noticed and have been reading online. No external capture device that out on the market can capture at 1080p at 60 fps, over usb 2.0. USB 2.0 just isn't fast enough,

Side note if your not capturing PC game play it doesn't really matter if your doing 30 fps or 60 fps, This generation of consoles majority if not all games run at 30 fps

From I noticed and have been reading online. No external capture device that out on the market can capture at 1080p at 60 fps, over usb 2.0. USB 2.0 just isn't fast enough,

Side note if your not capturing PC game play it doesn't really matter if your doing 30 fps or 60 fps, This generation of consoles majority if not all games run at 30 fps

Black Magic Intensity Pro and Shuttle can do 60FPS at 1080P but one is a PCI and USB 3.0 but honestly it isn't really worthless unless you are PC recording games.

I think the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro does a great job at 30FPS for using USB 2.0

plus i can't really tell the different from 30FPS and 60FPS. but i might be getting old.

Black Magic Intensity Pro and Shuttle can do 60FPS at 1080P but one is a PCI and USB 3.0 but honestly it isn't really worthless unless you are PC recording games.

I think the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro does a great job at 30FPS for using USB 2.0

plus i can't really tell the different from 30FPS and 60FPS. but i might be getting old.

They may of updated the Pro to be able to do 60 fps, but I know the shuttle can only do 1080p at 30 fps, their was suppose to be an update that enabled it to capture at 60 fps while doing 1080p but that update never came.

I've gone through all resolution settings, and all of them record at 30 FPS. Product description says that it can capture at 1080/60i, and I'm assuming 720p can also be captured at 60, but there's not options I see that can do this.

As you can see from the others, you are merely chasing a magic number without any regard for what is really practical ;)

Performance is based on Results not some magic number...

Fighting games like UMvC3 run at 60 FPS, which is mainly what I plan to play, so no that's untrue. And I don't care so much about 1080p 60FPS as much as 720p 60 FPS anyways, since most fighting games use that resolution automatically.

Fighting games like UMvC3 run at 60 FPS, which is mainly what I plan to play, so no that's untrue. And I don't care so much about 1080p 60FPS as much as 720p 60 FPS anyways, since most fighting games use that resolution automatically.

Fighting games did not even cross my mind when I posted that, thanks for informing me.though.

I am bumping this thread from a year ago because the latest software update as well as the subtitle for this forum now states "Now capturing up to 1080/60p" in no uncertain terms. However, there is no option anywhere for configuring this in the software. The only choice available to the user is "1080p" but when I select this and capture with the default settings, the resulting file is the same 29.97 FPS that it always was.

So how is this done? It is not described in the What's New document. Is this like how there is supposedly support for MP4 container format (untrue, the files delete themselves the second you hit Stop) or AVC audio (there are no audio configuration settings aside from volume)?

If this now two year-old hardware is truly capable of recording 1080/60 as well as storing in MP4, it would be competitive with the new Elgato and Avermedia capture devices provided the mandatory software interface were equally capable. The only thing it would still be missing is the ability to either capture 5.1/7.1 audio or downmix multichannel audio like that to 2.0. As it stands, the Roxio will capture left and right, but not record any sound meant to play through center channel (which is most game dialogue).

I hope instructions for doing this come out soon, but the service pack came out in JUNE and it is now almost November.