jrosenth@adelphia.net

Some Features Are Never Enabled ?

Question

Hi all,

I'm new to EMC 8, but have used Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum in the past.

I'm trying to use "MyDVD" to create some DVDs and it appears some features are never enabled. Specifically the "Add New Unlinked Button" on the "DVD Menu" and also the "Settings" option on the "View" menu.

What gives ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Edited by jrosenth@adelphia.net

7 answers to this question

Hi depending on what version you've got this may work try clicking on an item on the menu then push Ctrl/R this brings up the settings on mine.

I'm trying to use "MyDVD" to create some DVDs and it appears some features are never enabled. Specifically the "Add New Unlinked Button" on the "DVD Menu" and also the "Settings" option on the "View" menu.

These features are not available. I can only assume these may be future features.

Edited by ggrussell

Interesting... cause the Help says to use these features to do things...

You are ignoring reality. Look at the top of all the help topics and read the caveat notice at the top!

post-39-1137290723.jpg

You are ignoring reality. Look at the top of all the help topics and read the caveat notice at the top!

No , I did see that, but thought I was getting "top of the line" software when I bought it.

My new Dell came with a crippled version of the Sonic suite that was very disappointing.

I was very pleased over the years with Easy CD Creator Platinum, and it was clear what I was getting when I bought it.

If this is really the case I guess I'll have to take it up with Roxio. The web site for EMC 8 says :

[/indent]• Full creative control over DVD menu options including buttons, menus, backgrounds, audio and text.

With these menu picks disabled I realy DO NOT have creative control of my buttons :)

Anybody know if Nero will do these function "out of the box" ???

Edited by jrosenth@adelphia.net

Some of these features are available as long as you do not perform the blind update to version 8.05. The settings option under "view" is accessable for some features if you highlight an item while you are in a project (mydvd) and hit "control-R".

Some of these features are available as long as you do not perform the blind update to version 8.05. The settings option under "view" is accessable for some features if you highlight an item while you are in a project (mydvd) and hit "control-R".

Bummer on not doing teh "blind" update to 8.05. I think I've done this, or it's what I got when I installed. I bought the download version about 30 days ago.

Trying ctrl-R all over the place, but still don't see any setting :)

Thanks...