Sonydv Video To Dvd

Hillflower

Question

Trying to transfer all my SonyDV home video to DVD so I used the "plug and burn" feature in C2012 plays fine on the computer but won't play in any of my dvd players. I have 2 BD players, 3 dvd players, 2 of which are dvd/vcr recorders for copying. Any suggestions? I have tried DVD-R and DVD+R both brands are TDK and I'm still having trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 answer to this question

Trying to transfer all my SonyDV home video to DVD so I used the "plug and burn" feature in C2012 plays fine on the computer but won't play in any of my dvd players. I have 2 BD players, 3 dvd players, 2 of which are dvd/vcr recorders for copying. Any suggestions? I have tried DVD-R and DVD+R both brands are TDK and I'm still having trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I split your post from the thread in which you posted since it had nothing to do with that thread.

I assume you want to create a video DVD which you can play on stand-alone DVD players attached to a TV.

You cannot do that with "Plug and Burn" since that only creates a data disc which can only play on a computer. To create a proper DVD you have to use myDVD (Create DVDs) from the C2012 start page. A proper DVD will have afolder called Video_TS which will contain a number of files having the extension ifo, bup and vbo. If you look at a commercial DVD you will see a similar structure.