Sign in to follow this  
LLAMARAMA

Pc Setup- One Pc And Conflicting Setup Information From Other Users

Question

First, i hate the fact You market this as something to use for pc gaming and not just Xbox and PS3, but you only have setup tutorials and information for xbox and ps3 and not PC's, so thats just poor execution on passing on information we should have in the box.

Now, because i cant find any real official information to setup my pc to stream this is what i got going on.

1. From my graphics card i have an HDMI cable going into the roxio gamecap pro hd on the input side.

2. i then on the output side have another HDMI cable going to the monitor that i am using to view the image i am capturing

At this point the resolution and image of the monitor i am using to view my capture from is really fuzzy, and cant even take up the entirety of my monitor for some reason. I tried to change the resolution of my monitor, but i think it may have something to do with what the roxio capture resolution is.

3. I have a usb cable from the output side going back into the same computer, for power and what not, and i see some people using a laptop to do this with but i thought that didnt matter and you could just use one computer.

4. I have a 2nd monitor using a VGA cable to run the software from coming from the same computer and it seem to be fine.

im not sure what is going wrong but i cant get a clear, non fuzzy proportional image from the capture card to even stream with.

17 answers to this question

First, i hate the fact You market this as something to use for pc gaming and not just Xbox and PS3, but you only have setup tutorials and information for xbox and ps3 and not PC's, so thats just poor execution on passing on information we should have in the box.

Now, because i cant find any real official information to setup my pc to stream this is what i got going on.

1. From my graphics card i have an HDMI cable going into the roxio gamecap pro hd on the input side.

2. i then on the output side have another HDMI cable going to the monitor that i am using to view the image i am capturing

At this point the resolution and image of the monitor i am using to view my capture from is really fuzzy, and cant even take up the entirety of my monitor for some reason. I tried to change the resolution of my monitor, but i think it may have something to do with what the roxio capture resolution is.

3. I have a usb cable from the output side going back into the same computer, for power and what not, and i see some people using a laptop to do this with but i thought that didnt matter and you could just use one computer.

4. I have a 2nd monitor using a VGA cable to run the software from coming from the same computer and it seem to be fine.

im not sure what is going wrong but i cant get a clear, non fuzzy proportional image from the capture card to even stream with.

i think you misunderstood, this capture card is mostly for consoles. you can get several free and paid screencap/streaming programs for pc games.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/hd-pro/overview.html number 5.....

Capture PC gameplay using graphics cards with HDMI output to the Roxio Game Capture HD PRO capture devic

this is a video link where someone at roxio who straight answers a question about the ability to pc capture with this. Video time 1:30 if you want to check.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/60726/tech-junkie-roxio-game-capture-pro-hd/

pls don't reply to me saying they don't market this for pcs and only tell me what im doing wrong in my setup that's preventing a proper image to process. All my drivers are up to date with the latest versions.

No need to be rude here, we all users and most of us don't work for Roxio.

So sometimes we don't have the answers and have to look into them.

Maybe try disabling your second monitor because sometimes having 2 enabled screen causes issues.

Also why would you want to recorded pc gaming with a roxio anyways when there are several free programs out there that does it?

Don't get me wrong, the roxio is a wicked device but from myself recording games and streaming, there are better options.

Edited by Vaughn Whiskey

im using the roxio to compensate the load for my computer without dropping $500 into it or more just to stream with most of those programs you are talking about like X-split is one i have tried but didnt work for me.

And if i disable the 2nd monitor i just create inter looping video windows on one window and the fuzzy display from the card to the monitor is still there.

im using the roxio to compensate the load for my computer without dropping $500 into it or more just to stream with most of those programs you are talking about like X-split is one i have tried but didnt work for me.

And if i disable the 2nd monitor i just create inter looping video windows on one window and the fuzzy display from the card to the monitor is still there.

not sure what to say then. Like i said, we are all customers/users here with the exception of a few employees who stop by once and awhile. Most times with issues like this, we brain storm in the thread for troubleshooting steps. I would contact the support for the device when you can VIA phone or ticket system when you can. And keep the thread open for other users to through their ideas in.

Sorry for not being FULL help, but most times it is something minor we have not thought of yet.

yeah i feel like ive run through all the minor stuff and im at the point ware its something obscure

well it is 3am where i live right now, let me take a nap lol and i will attempt to set mine up using duel screens and hdmi to see if it works for me instantly, or if i get issues like yours.

sorry for this man.

yeah im going to spend a few hrs on it again tonight but let me know how it go's for you and sry for being so frustrated with all this.

I feeel like if i can find the resolution that the capture card is pumping out and set the monitor to that, then i can create a clear image but Im not sure how to identify that without just the guess and check method so far.

So i was able to spend a little time fiddling with the contrast and brightness in the capture setting, and that seemed to help a lot. It may just be an issue of fine tuning it in and making it just right but we will see how it go's. I still feel like when i look at it however that its a problem with the resolution ill see how the video captures and looks after a few minutes of testing it.

http://www.twitch.tv...<br /><br />here is the video i got, so I'm missing sound and i don't know if you can see what i mean with the picture now. it has that black box around it and when i try to go full screen it just doesn't pick up the image even thought its taking up all the picture on the monitor.

Edited by LLAMARAMA

i played around with mine aswell today and played CSS. mine worked fined but when i tried a newer game like gotham city imposters or Garry's Mod i had border issues and whatnot.

i will play around more with the settings and get back to you. Have you contacted support yet via phone or support ticket?

I'll probably call them on my day off and see whats going on

i would.

i am still playing around with mine tho, if i come across anything

i shall report.

So for CSS you had a good image and sound with the same setup as me but you got different results with different games?

yea, not sure why. but when i played gotham city imposters it was black bared. i also play on a 1920x1080 screen tho

i think that may be my issue, for whatever reason i just noticed my aspect ration is 16:9 and not 16:10 for this monitor, so maybe that is what is affecting it but i cant seem to change the ratio in any display settings or on the monitor setting buttons.

but thats just for the black border, still cant get sound on mine

was able to use a Y adapter with the red and white audio to go to the smaller green one for the pc, and i got sound now. just need to get my voice in and i think im basically good. the picture can stutter at times but i think that's just going to happen from time to time. I was able to get the border smaller but not gone, but its a lot better now too.

http://www.twitch.tv/llamaramasc/b/336153189 2nd better video i think now.