Mpg Files In Toast Pro 11

Bigdaymedia

Question

I've recently started burning mpg files from my mac computer (which were captured with a Tricaster HD system). The system was flawless, until last night. I left a disc to burn over night. When I awoke this morning I tried burning a new disc only to find out that it no longer recognizes the mpg files. I thought that perhaps the files were corrupt. So I tried re-burning the disc I created the night before. Only to find out it no longer liked those files either.

Here is the error message when I select the edit button .

_________ couldn’t be opened because it isn’t in the correct format. The file might be corrupted, truncated, or in an unexpected format.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Quicktime opens all files and plays them without problem.

1 answer to this question

This sounds like something that can be fixed by trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder. I would also shut down and then restart the Mac (not just a restart). Your user library is accessed by holding down the option key while selecting the Go menu in the Finder, if you are running Lion or Mountain Lion.