• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Where Is My Installer?

hemismith

Question

I just spent an hour downloading the 3 files of Roxio Creator NXT, and when I click Open Folder I get an error "Location is not available". In the details is says "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Downloads\Roxio Creator NXT refers to a location that is unavailable." There is no Downloads folder in the Documents folder, but there is a C:\Users\username\Downloads folder. That is where the Roxio Download Manager is, but there are no other Roxio files or folders there. I did a search for everything modified today and could find nothing. I also searched for the pspx4 file (the last one downloaded and the only one whose name I can still see) but couldn't find it. Very frustrating; I have a DVD to create by tomorrow. I have Creator 2011 already but there are bugs and the menus don't work right.

3 answers to this question

Thanks. Here's what happened: I downloaded the installer under a user with restricted permissions, so I had to enter an administrator account password. It created the directory under the administrator account instead of the account I was logged in as (although it said it created it under the regular account). This is also why a search didn't yield anything.

FWIW, my existing project didn't convert right and I have to recreate everything in the new version, but that's another issue. So I don't know if it fixes the bugs yet.

Thanks. Here's what happened: I downloaded the installer under a user with restricted permissions, so I had to enter an administrator account password. It created the directory under the administrator account instead of the account I was logged in as (although it said it created it under the regular account). This is also why a search didn't yield anything.

FWIW, my existing project didn't convert right and I have to recreate everything in the new version, but that's another issue. So I don't know if it fixes the bugs yet.

User Accounts... :rolleyes: