• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Which Product To Purchase?

rhogeo

Question

My neighbor wants to take HD videos from his camcorder and burn them to Bluray discs. His son is a basketball prodigy and some coaches have requested Bluray DVDs of him playing. Should he purchase Toast 11 or Creator or some other product? He has a new Macbook Pro and an external Bluray burner (USB 3.0).

Many thanks in advance!

- geoff

6 answers to this question

Creator is a PC only product. Toast is the Apple not quite equivalent but it will burn blu-ray discs. If the camcorder is tape, then there is an issue with capture. It the camcorder records to a memory card/stick, then the problem does not exist for copying.

I'm going to move this to the Toast forum so you can get better advice about that program.

Look here. Plug-ins may be necessary.

Edited by sknis

My neighbor wants to take HD videos from his camcorder and burn them to Bluray discs. His son is a basketball prodigy and some coaches have requested Bluray DVDs of him playing. Should he purchase Toast 11 or Creator or some other product? He has a new Macbook Pro and an external Bluray burner (USB 3.0).

Many thanks in advance!

- geoff

Toast 11 Pro or Toast 11 standard and the optional Blu-ray plugin will do what he wants on his Mac.