• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Brazenhead89

Setup Help - Using One Screen

Question

Hi, I'm new to all this. There's a chance I'm making a schoolboy technical error.

I use the same TV for both my PC and my Xbox, as it has both VGA and HDMI inputs. I simply change inputs via my TV remote depending on which of the two I want on screen. Simple. However, I think this may have something to do with my problem.

I'm connecting my Xbox 360 to the HD PRO, and sending the output - naturally - to my television via HDMI as well. The PC is currently connected to my TV via typical VGA. I thought that this would only be a minor niggle and that I could simply hit 'record' from the HD PRO software, tune my TV into the HDMI, and play my game on-screen whilst the software ran in the background, off-screen.

Apparently not; I am having a WEALTH of problems. First of all, the software is picking up absolutely no connections from my Xbox at all, I simply receive a 'No Signal' error from the capture screen. Connecting the Xbox directly to the TV, changing my settings to any of the compatible video formats, and then reconnecting my setup like before doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference. Switching my TV between HDMI and PC inputs doesn't hep the issue either - if anything my television seems to spazz out, flickering manically and generally having a rough time of it all.

I've tried reinstalling both the software and drivers, different HDMI ports, even swapping my two HDMI cables around, all to no avail. I can only presume that having both the HD PRO software and the Xbox console both being viewed on the same device is causing conflict. Will I need seperate screens for both my PC and Xbox? It's not a deal-breaker if I do, but it certainly is a bummer. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Do you have the USB cable from the Roxio Capture unit connected to your PC (you did not say)?.

Oh.....wait....

Turns out that the solution to the problem was pushing the HDMI cables a little further into their respective slots.

I shall leave now, head bowed, having thoroughly embarassed myself. Thank you for your help, Ogdens. Let us never speak of this again.

Thanks for the feedback, and being honest about your boo boo.

If you want, I can get this thread deleted.