• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

DREYDUS

Card Was Working Fine For Weeks Now Suddenly Won't Render Vids?

Question

Anybody else have this issue pop up?

my card has been working alright for 2 weeks now.. Capturing/rendering and also livestreaming.

Suddenly today it will no longer render videos.. neither to youtube or just rendering to my PC as a saved video.

it now just sits at 0% and it never did this before.. have done over 50 videos on my youtube with the roxio.

I uninstalled my software and re installed it (yes sp.1.1) but still it's not rendering videos at all.

I tested windows movie maker to be sure and videos upload and render there with no problem so it's not PC related.. it's roxio related.

Any ideas?

8 answers to this question

Did yoiu install any new software recently? Have you done any computer "cleaning" especially a registry cleaner?

Did yoiu install any new software recently? Have you done any computer "cleaning" especially a registry cleaner?

negative to both I did a youtube video last night about 11 pm and rendered and uploaded it.

made no changes at all after that and this am went to do another and nothing will render suddenly.

But again Movie maker and other programs render just fine.. only the roxio won't suddenly.

Please indulge me. Did you reboot your computer since last night?

If you have Windows restore active, see if you can restore your computer to sometime before this morning.

restored to setting from 2 days ago.. still no change. I'm gonna giv eit a rest for a day tho.. I am frustrated way too much right now.

usually stuff works out when ya head is cool.

After you TWO cool down :lol: you may want to consider the 'proper repair' ;)

Plug in the Capture device and Disable it in the Device Manager (Sound and Video Game Controllers)

Unplug it and put it aside till later.

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc (download version - run Install)

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, you will have to reapply the SP1.1 for game capture.

Then turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Keep us informed! ;)

Please indulge me. Did you reboot your computer since last night?

If you have Windows restore active, see if you can restore your computer to sometime before this morning.

the windows restore thing worked.. the roxio is now rendering videos again. Still unsure what occured because i made no changes but atleast it's back rendering again.

I am reading through every single thread in this forum to try and track down how to get this thing running for captures (my most recent prob w/ the Roxio - - it seems every fix brings on a new problem...) so I am trying the steps above again but I noticed something new this time:

When the Repair competes, you will have to reapply the SP1.1 for game capture.

Can you please tell me what SP1.1 is?