cbankfixpc

Burning Stops At 84-86%

Question

I created my very first video on Creator 2012 and it was nice until I started burning my CD. The burn just stopped at 84%. I even left it over nite and it was just sitting there. Any suggestions?

5 answers to this question

Are you burning a CD as you posted or a DVD? How much time are you trying to put onto the disc?

When you are ready to burn yoiur project, deselect burn to disc and select burn (encode ) to either an ISO file or a folder set. If that hangs, then there is somehtign wrong in your project and you will have to look for it. If it encodes to the end, then use the application on the Home screen to burn the ISO or Video Copy and Convert to burn the folder set folder set to DVD (or cd).

If it does not finish encoding, thell us a bit more about your project. HOw amy videos, are they video files or are they projects. Are you making your own menu or one of the stock menus? etc.

Edited by sknis

I am burning a DVD. I did the deselect burn to disc and select burn to either an ISO file or a folder set same results. I am making your own menu. HOw amy videos? this is small I have made much bigger, currently 36 photo's. This is a new Intel laptop CPU 2.5. 4 gig memory

Perhaps you have confused the issue. Are you using Create DVD to make a slide show? That is a bad idea; always use Edit Video -Advanced aka Video Wave.

Since the project does not encode, there is a problem with the project. Look for it if you can. If you are using music, you cannot use any music that is DRM protected (most of itunes have some sort of protection). I fyou are using mp3, convert them to wav files. Are you using transitions? look for double transitions without something in between. Are you using any overlays or other effects? Look at about 50-70 percent of the project to try to narrow it down, I doubt that it would be the self made menu but it could also be that.

It will be difficult to track down the problem so you will have to give us more information.

I apreciate your support. Actually I got it to complete by removing a photshop jpg and burned without music But now I get this msg.

Failed to start the image writing operation Error while Burning Image

80004003 Error while Aborting

My DVD is blank

I will look at the ADVANCE option to burn. Never b/4 have I had to change to wav files but I will give a try. my 1st Creator product was 2010 and never incountered any issue or have a Advance option. Are you using transitions? YES I am using sound (a kiss) effects? YES

hummmm "double transitions"? I dont think so. you are great thanks

That message is saying that there may be a problem with your disc burner. Are you using a new (not formatted) good quality DVD blank?

This pretty much says that it is a burning issue "Failed to start the image writing operation"

Make the ISO file and then download the free VLC player. It will play the ISO file; just drag the file to the main screen. If it plays properly, that would confirm the issue with the burner.

Edited by sknis