Burning Half Of A Split Video

kath55

Question

I have a video that I split and burned both halves with no problems however I would like to burn ONLY the second part of it. I tried to drag the 1st half to the bottom of the box to exclude it from the project but it won't leave! I could go back and edit out the entire first half of the movie however then I lose it if I ever want to burn the whole thing again right? I did notice that if I click on one or the other of the halves in the window it highlights, and I tried leaving the second half highlighted and burning but it started the burning at the beginning :-( Is it just not possible to burn the second half or am I missing a step? Thanks!

3 answers to this question

With the video split save the project to a project file A.

Select part 1 and delete it and then burn part 2.

If you want to burn part 1 only, open project A (both parts on timeline), select part2 and delete part and then burn part 1

When you delete on the timeline nothing actually gets deleted on in the original video. The only way that the original video can be changed is if your were to output to a video file with the same path and filename as the original file. A project file contains no video whatsoever but only the list and links of/to resources (videos,photos, audio, etc) and any edits to be applied to your video.

Edited by myguggi