• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Xbox Hdmi To Monitor

panixz

Question

17 answers to this question

I went to my device manager as it said on post #6 and it said roxio gamecap hd pro just like in the picture, but it doesn't work for me. The software works good but when i try to record, my tv shows no picture (I have connected both hdmi cables right). Please help me this is getting really frustrating to get this working. If you have any kind of answer, just please post it and I will try to get it working.

I went to my device manager as it said on post #6 and it said roxio gamecap hd pro just like in the picture, but it doesn't work for me. The software works good but when i try to record, my tv shows no picture (I have connected both hdmi cables right). Please help me this is getting really frustrating to get this working. If you have any kind of answer, just please post it and I will try to get it working.

you must have a USB connecting the GameCAP HD to your PC in order for the device to power on. You did mention the USB cable.

Why can’t I see the anything on TV even though I have connected HDMI cable properly between the capture device and TV?

Except for the cable connection/setup (following by the Getting Started Guide), check the following items:

• Make sure the USB cable is connected between the capture device and a laptop/PC. The laptop/PC has to be powered on. HDMI pass through relies on the USB power from the PC/laptop.
  • Make sure Roixo software is installed on the laptop/PC where the USB cable from the capture device is connected to.
  • Launch the capture application of Roxio Game Capture HD PRO software at least once. If the preview video doesn’t show up, close the application and launch it again.

​ I found this and it didnt help, this is what anyone would try i would hope.

could the recent update to xbox be a problem? i know when you turn on your xbox now unlike before, the tv must be on before it will process to the main menu of the xbox, and maybe that is what is causing the issue we are all having???

Lol k we are all total scrubs.

TO FIX THIS FOR ME!!!!!!

what i did was change the display settings of the roxio to capture at 720p, then changed the HDTV display settings to 720p in the xbox menu, the max display of my tv is 720p and it was set on 1080p.

in conclusion i think these are all simple user errors and ppl just are falling to the forums for divine help they can get on there own with time like i did

scrub moment over.

Guest ivanatrox

Lol k we are all total scrubs.

TO FIX THIS FOR ME!!!!!!

what i did was change the display settings of the roxio to capture at 720p, then changed the HDTV display settings to 720p in the xbox menu, the max display of my tv is 720p and it was set on 1080p.

in conclusion i think these are all simple user errors and ppl just are falling to the forums for divine help they can get on there own with time like i did

scrub moment over.

Thanks for the update. It' s good to know sometimes it's just an user error and the issue can be fixed easily.

However, I think the other users who posted before you might have a different issue. There are two type of issues where users get a black screen on TV.

1. There is picture in the preview window for the software but black screen on TV: This means the device gets the picture from the console but somehow that signal doesn't get to the TV. This is the issue you experienced and the resolution you mentioned might address one of the possible causes between the device and the TV.

2. There is black screen for TV and black screen in the preview window in the software: This means the device doesn't even get the signal from the console. The most common cause of this issue is the device is not powered on which is why it was suggested to ensure USB cable is plugged in. Does the purple light for the device come up when the USB cable is plugged in? Does the HDMI light come up when the HDMI cables are connected? If there is no power to the device, HDMI passthrough wouldn't work. If there is power to the device, we then need to make sure Input in the software is set as HDMI especially for users who used to have the device working. We noticed that the software would default back to Component from HDMI after 360 goes to sleep and we need to manually change the Input to HDMI again to get the signal.

Thanks!

Ivan