LLAMARAMA

Live Streaming And Voice

Question

Ive gotten my capture card setup as best as i think i can get it for now without just tinkering and getting more familiar with the product and the only thing i haven't figured out is if there is a way to send my live stream with a microphone setup so that I also have my voice transmiting over the stream live at the same time.

That may be worded a little weird but i currently have my stream functioning with audio of the games i play but i cant figure out a way to incorporate a microphone to speak to my live viewers as i am on the game and playing.

I know you can add your voice when you have already captured the game play but that kind of defeats the purpose of a live stream if i cant talk to viewers and play at the same time.

18 answers to this question

There were a couple discussion about Recording, HERE and HERE...

But I don't know if that will give you what you want???

Take a look, try it out and let us know how you make out ;)

The 2nd link you gave me did answer my question, and that is no you cant stream live with voice audio from a microphone (yet?), only record it with another wave file then lay it over later on with editing.

Rendering a live stream of the game as only that, a live stream of the game and no ability to commentate what you are steaming unless its an in game sound effect.

So my next question is why and/or when will we be able to get an update to allow us to commentate a live stream and not just layover and edited file?

The 2nd link you gave me did answer my question, and that is no you cant stream live with voice audio from a microphone (yet?), only record it with another wave file then lay it over later on with editing.

Rendering a live stream of the game as only that, a live stream of the game and no ability to commentate what you are steaming unless its an in game sound effect.

So my next question is why and/or when will we be able to get an update to allow us to commentate a live stream and not just layover and edited file?

You would have to contact Roxio/Corel for an answer to that question.

Roxio is failing with this software.. I am sorry but I gotta be honest.

The built in live stream is terrible yes it's click and play easy but the quality of it is no where near where it should be.

The degrading over time while streaming is a big problem in addition to other issues.

The roxio actual techs better do something fast.. the Elgato just started testing on their new direct live stream software ( same function as roxio) and it look crystal clear so far... if roxio doesn't step their game up.. gonna lose alot of business soon.

I am sure my post will make some angry.. but I am sorry I have to speak the truth. I like the roxio for capturing but the livestream software and option are very poor.

LLAMARAMA: We are just users like yourself... I know some of this gets passed along and it is hard to understand why more audio options weren't built into it in the first place :huh: All we can do is keep out fingers crossed and hope something good will come our way, maybe SP 2.0 :lol: ,

DREYDUS: No reason to be 'mad'. Your expectations just aren't based in reality... We (programmers) always marvel at how easy things are, when someone else has to do it :lol:

One thing I do enjoy in this forum though is the overall enthusiasm you gamers have! ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

LLAMARAMA: We are just users like yourself... I know some of this gets passed along and it is hard to understand why more audio options weren't built into it in the first place :huh: All we can do is keep out fingers crossed and hope something good will come our way, maybe SP 2.0 :lol: ,

DREYDUS: No reason to be 'mad'. Your expectations just aren't based in reality... We (programmers) always marvel at how easy things are, when someone else has to do it :lol:

One thing I do enjoy in this forum though is the overall enthusiasm you gamers have! ;)

While I know your not responsible for the bad software roxio put out.. i have to totally disagree with you on "my expectations aren't based in reality"

lemme give u an example and on both video please watch atleast 2 mins of video so you can see the degredation over time of the roxio in comparison.

Both examples using exact same PC, internet, home, xbox and also 720P streaming at 1750 Bitrate using twitch tv East coast virginia server.

Example 1- Using a Black magic Intensity Pro cap card with the above specs.. utilizing Xsplit http://www.twitch.tv...sgt/b/318360492

Example 2- Using the Roxio HD with exact same specs/everything minus the Xsplit http://www.twitch.tv...dus/b/338067910

Now you would expect the BMI to be a bit better as it's PCI-E slot cap card... but you would not think it should be this much of a difference.

The above is not my expectations are not in reality... it's the roxio software under performing. All were saying is roxio better do a pretty quick & big patch and get this sorted out because the elgato is about to take over this price slot with it's new features ( same as the roxio 1080P capturing plus direct livestreaming coming with editing software built in) and this will mean a heavy loss in potential sales for roxio.

Here is an example of the new elgato's direct stream software being tested on the open market http://www.twitch.tv/kona/b/337824661 (please scroll to the 2:40 mark of that video to see actual gameplay and non-degredation over time) etc.

I like the roxio and I want to keep it and i want it to succeed... but they are going to have to do better software wise to stay a player in this market.. once word get's out about this stuff.. people will go the other routes.

That's what I am saying overall.

Edited by DREYDUS

While I know your not responsible for the bad software roxio put out.. i have to totally disagree with you on "my expectations aren't based in reality"

lemme give u an example and on both video please watch atleast 2 mins of video so you can see the degredation over time of the roxio in comparison.

Both examples using exact same PC, internet, home, xbox and also 720P streaming at 1750 Bitrate using twitch tv East coast virginia server.

Example 1- Using a Black magic Intensity Pro cap card with the above specs.. utilizing Xsplit http://www.twitch.tv...sgt/b/318360492

Example 2- Using the Roxio HD with exact same specs/everything minus the Xsplit http://www.twitch.tv...dus/b/338067910

Now you would expect the BMI to be a bit better as it's PCI-E slot cap card... but you would not think it should be this much of a difference.

The above is not my expectations are not in reality... it's the roxio software under performing. All were saying is roxio better do a pretty quick & big patch and get this sorted out because the elgato is about to take over this price slot with it's new features ( same as the roxio 1080P capturing plus direct livestreaming coming with editing software built in) and this will mean a heavy loss in potential sales for roxio.

Here is an example of the new elgato's direct stream software being tested on the open market http://www.twitch.tv/kona/b/337824661 (please scroll to the 2:40 mark of that video to see actual gameplay and non-degredation over time) etc.

I like the roxio and I want to keep it and i want it to succeed... but they are going to have to do better software wise to stay a player in this market.. once word get's out about this stuff.. people will go the other routes.

That's what I am saying overall.

So is elgato coming out new capture card or is this one on that already out on the market.

I agree roxio needs alot work done on its software.

If roxio wants to win customer over they should make streaming setup like xsplit for hardcore users.

So is elgato coming out new capture card or is this one on that already out on the market.

I agree roxio needs alot work done on its software.

If roxio wants to win customer over they should make streaming setup like xsplit for hardcore users.

Same elgato that is on the market now.. but they are upgrading their software and going to release it soon where it livestreams direct just like the roxio does and included upgraded editing software also....A bunch of partnered livestreamers have been beta testing the new software for free etc.

I'm just trying to warn roxio your not gonna be able to leave it like it currently is and continue to make money... word is getting out about the glitchy software and the under performing livestream function.

Edited by DREYDUS

I am not here to debate it, but I will warn you right now that discussions promoting competing software and hardware will get you banned...

This topic will be locked for now and the moderator notified.

Guest ivanatrox

I'm re-opening this topic because there are wrong information need to be clarified.

This is simply not true.

Roxio Game Capture HD PRO does allow you to have voice over when doing a livestream with a mic to PC. In Option -> Livestream tab, there is an option to select Audio Device which you can select the Mic.

What it doesn't do is to record your voice over through the mic/headset connected to the console.

The comparison to Blackmagic card is interesting but it would be a more fair comparison to the Elgato's offering. I'll provide this feedback to our dev team.

Ok ill have to try with my pc mic again later but i thought i couldn't from what i had been trying for now im running through the xbox on halo 4.

As Ivan said, you use the mic on your PC, not thru the console.I finally got my setup running and managed to livestream part of the final mission on Halo 4, Legendary difficulty. www.twitch.tv/nerdnuke

I'm swapping my mic out for a better quality one so that people dont hear me breathing like in that video. I did notice however, after awhile there was a huge delay between what what on my screen and what Twitch.tv was showing.

As Ivan said, you use the mic on your PC, not thru the console.I finally got my setup running and managed to livestream part of the final mission on Halo 4, Legendary difficulty. www.twitch.tv/nerdnuke

I'm swapping my mic out for a better quality one so that people dont hear me breathing like in that video. I did notice however, after awhile there was a huge delay between what what on my screen and what Twitch.tv was showing.

If you are playing while looking at the Software Window, YES there is a delay!!!

You need to play using a seperate Monitor/TV or supply the pass-through output of the device to your PC Monitor and switch to that input for Play ;)

I think he's talking about the delay between what is being captured and what is actually being displayed on the stream. When I first started using the HD pro; over the course of a one hour stream the delay would go from a few seconds to 60 seconds or more! Not a pgogrammer but it seemed that every time there was some lag, the HD pro's solution was to continue the stream rather than drop frames and catch up with the capture. It became a much smaller issue when I picked the closest twitch server to my location (which is a no brainer). It still happens, but to a smaller extent.