• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Music Creator-Trouble Burning Audio Cd

spojaw

Question

HI all,

Up until recently, I've been successful burning combinations of mp3 files and .wav. files on the same disc.

I've tried numerous times in the past few days (wasted many CD-R's) to no avail.

I reinstalled the Roxio cd and still have the same problem.

Suggestions?

6 answers to this question

Spojaw,

I'm guessing that you have Easy CD & DVD Burning in the red box, and I think you're using Music Disc Creator.

Are you trying to store MP3 files and WAV files on a CD as data files, or are you trying to make an Audio CD out of them?

You've only said you've tried "to no avail". Please tell us what you tried, how you tried it, and what the result or error message was so that we can work out what is going wrong. We are keen to help you, but need more info.

Regards,

Brendon

HI Brendon,

I have Vista; I've reinstalled the Roxio cd and restarted the computer. Originally the problem was burning. Now in Music Disc Creator, (with music cd's) I choose 'add" - Music Selector box appears, I choose the item, the box comes up to 'save' - I click on that and the drive starts to whirr and then nothing happens. I tried this several times. Any suggestions? Is my computer missing a file Roxio needs? I have used the Easy Audio successfully but I want to save the files to burn later and only Music Creator will do that.

Thanks for your help.

Sandy Toms

I don't understand why the drive is spinning up.

When you are adding files to be used the disc drive has nothing to do with it.

You hit "Add Audio Tracks",the selector box comes up,you can highlight a track and hit add or just double click it and it will get added.Once all of your tracks are added you should hit Burn and the the drive should check for a blank disc and be ready to go.Up until the burn part the drive does nothing.At least not unless you're adding tracks from it to the project.

Your disc drive could also be on it's way out.On the burn screen are you seeing the drive showing a blank disc is in?

I just had a drive go out the other day that would see written discs but it wouldn't recognize a blank.

Edited by tbrewst

Hmmm.I just tried this before I posted the last time and it worked like a charm.

I am using a different version of software but MDC hasn't really changed for a while.I'm also using a different OS but the same should apply.

One thing is once the selector box pops up don't hit add and then double click.You either highlight and hit add OR double click.

Other than that I really don't have an answer for that issue.