• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Nxt Pro Won't Install

TorCan7

Question

I am having the same problem. Have attempted to install the software 14 times so far. Have use every suggestion that Roxio has provided in their knowledge database.

I think it is time to get a refund. I have never had this type of problem with any other piece of software.

If you are reading this and have not yet bought the Roxio NXT pro package, save yourselve some grief and don`t bother.

5 answers to this question

My experience with attempts to install Creator NXT have met with total lack of success. The latest attempt lasted about 1 hour and was attempted only after I had succesfully restarted Windows Installer. For some reason it would not remain started. However, that did not help. After about an hour the error message came back "error code - 065F". A search for what that meant gave little help. Now I'm looking at this forum and not seeing much help either.

I have attached the log files individually for the latest of my attempts.

Needless to say, I have exhausted the Corel/Roxio tech peoples attempts to help. There suggestions have been followed with no success.

Perhaps someone here will have and share some new wisdom on this matter.

CPDECODERPACK_434_Install.zip

CPDECODERPACK_434_Uninstall.zip

EMC_140_Install.zip

EMC_140_Uninstall.zip

RBVIRTUALFOLDER64_0210_Install.zip

RBVIRTUALFOLDER64_0210_Uninstall.zip

ROXIO_SETUP.zip

WINDVD_Install.zip

Thanks for your request for additional information. As it happens the issue has been solved and Roxio Creator NXT was installed.

For you information, the issue was eventually traced to a Trojan infection on my computer. This infection resisted attempts to remove it so I resorted to a reinstall of the OS (Win 7 64bit). After the reinstall and a check to make sure the Trojan was gone or at least neutralized, I could install NXT.

Prior to that time my issue had been bumped to Corel Level 2 Tech support. The tech worked very hard trying to install the program and would have spent more time except that he noted a Maintain Program that would not remove some items. His advice resulted in the reinstall of the OS.

I appreciate you response.