• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydyd Issues

Michael G

I installed Roxio NXT in October and had no problems for the first couple of weeks.

I create DVDs often and need a good, clean, output.

I would go into MyDVD and begin a Project.

I'd click on "Add Video", the dialog box would open to select my file, and it would stop responding then crash.

I received an error message once with a code, but it hasn't reappeared.

Of course, I tried reinstalling. It worked, for the most part. Occasionally, on the DVD, the audio will drop out for a few seconds. In a previous version of Roxio, I would get an occasional yellow "flash" from the DVD onto the screen for about a half second every now and again.

Here's what I have:

• Operating System (including service packs): Win 7 Pro, SP1
  • Make: "Franken-puter" (My own build)
  • Model: It's a monster, not a model!
  • Video card: GeForce GTS250
  • Processor speed: i7 975@3.333GHz
  • RAM: 13Gb
  • Free hard drive space: 600+ Gb
  • I last did an operating system update on: 25-Oct-12

My video card drivers are updated.

Apparently I wasn't clear.

The issue occurs when I burn a DVD and play it on a DVD player.

I installed Roxio NXT and it worked fine for a half-dozen different projects.

I went to burn a new project using MyDVD and it would stop responding when trying to select the video to add so I reinstalled.

The first project I did had some issues with audio dropping out for a few seconds at a time.

The next one I would see a quick "flash" of yellow on the TV screen for a second, then it would continue.

Being somewhat analytical, I tried another television/DVD setup. Same issue.

Tried cabling. Same issue. Tried store bought DVD, no problems.

Replayed one of the first DVDs I burned, no problem.

Thanks for any help.

Beginning of last month, I downloaded and installed NXT. Not a complaint in the world for the first couple of weeks.

I burn DVDs with video. Like I said, not a complaint for the first couple of weeks.

Started MyDVD recently, went to select the video and it would "Stop Responding". I'd wait and wait and wait, no change so I'd force the close. Try it again, same thing. I know I'm not insane so I reinstalled the whole package. FIRST DVD I burned had audio and video problems. The audio would drop out for a few seconds occasionally. Then, I'd get a yellow "flash" on the screen for about a second. This will happen no matter which DVD player I use to view the disc.

I burned another disc yesterday, photos. Same thing. The flash would happen in the same spots, no matter what I tried to do to isolate it.

I then went and downloaded a trial version of another disc authoring software. No problems.

• Operating System (including service packs): Win 7 Pro, SP1
  • Make: "Franken-puter" (My own build)
  • Model: It's a monster, not a model!
  • Video card: GeForce GTS250
  • Processor speed: i7 975@3.333GHz
  • RAM: 13Gb
  • Free hard drive space: 600+ Gb
  • I last did an operating system update on: 25-Oct-12

1) Have you tried a Windows restore to back when it worked correctly?

2) The first thing to try is to burn the project to an ISO file or to a folder set and not directly to a disc. If you make the ISO, you can use the free (and recommended) VLC player to play the ISO on your computer. If that looks good, then burn the ISO to the disc using the application on the Home page. Does that look good when played?

3) The next thing to do is to go out and buy some good quality DVDs to see if the batch of DVD you have are "bad". Memorex and store brand discs are consider bad. Verbatim and the more expensive JVC-Taiyo Yuden (available on-line only) are considered good or better.

4) What driver did you install? There is/was a problem with the 306 set of video drivers in another video editing program with the same problem description. Is this the one you installed? The other company issued a fix for it. So far you are the only one that has mentioned this as a problem. Unless there are more, it is doubtful if Roxio/Corel will issue a patch for it. The solution is to uninstall the 306 drivers and install the 301 (heritage) drivers. I don't know if that is your problem or something else. Try the other things first

Have you tried a Windows restore to back when it worked correctly?