• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

First, I uninstalled my Creator 2011 from Programs and Features, thinking that was the thing to do before attempting to install the NXT. Then, I attempted to install NXT four times. Each time, after the installation was about 80-90% complete, it stopped and rolled back to the beginning. So, because I want and need Creator to open some projects that I'm working on, I attempted, two times, to install/reinstall Creator 2011. Again, I'm getting the same response as I did with NXT (roll back).

I've tried to attach a couple LogFiles so that you can see that info. The "...28.zip" is for the NXT, and the "...44.zip" is for the 2011. LogFile 12-11-05 10-28.zip LogFile 12-11-05 13-44.zip There are more files, but they are too large for the allotted 5MB size.

Also, the following is my system info, if you need it:

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

System: HP Pavilion

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Installed Memory: 3.00 GB

By the way, I had a similar problem a year or two ago that had to do with Creator 2009 and 2011. I contacted you guys and you were able to help me get the 2011 installed. I couldn't find the reply to the topic or I would have referred to that info.

Anyway, I'd appreciate your help again.

Thank you.

Chris

13 answers to this question

I'm replying to my own topic.

I was again studying the "Minumum System Requirements" for Roxio Creator NXT Pro. I went through them carefully while comparing them with my own system. I'm pretty sure that my system meets the requirements. So, I've listed the things in my system below:

SYSTEM:

Operating System: Windows 7 Premium 32 bit SP1

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory and Available OS Memory: each are 3072 MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DISPLAY DEVICE:

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

Memory: 1521 MB

Dedicated Memory: 24 MB

Shared Memory: 1279 MB

Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60 Hz)

HARD DRIVE: 175 GB free space

Windows Media Player 12

Internet Explorer 9

Quick Time 7

TiVo

If my system doesn't meet the requirements, please let me know.

I still need your help.

Thanks again.

Chris

Guest ivanatrox

Hi

The system requirement is not an issue. However, the log file shows up it has problem reading certain file from the disc. Can you try to copy all the files from the disc to a folder on your hard drive then install from there?

Thanks

Ivan

Ivan,

Thank you for responding to my post.

Well, I did as you suggested. Only, instead of attempting to install the NXT, I decided to try the 2011 again, since it seems like a simpler program and might be easier to install. Anyway, the result was the same as explained in Post #1.

Also, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to use the setup.exe or not. So, I chose to use that.

I was going to send an attachment showing the log for this latest attempt, but couldn't find the attachment option. But, I watched the installation box as the program was being installed. It went as follows:

"Welcome To Creator" (blue chrome window) There may have been something prior to this. But, I may have missed it.

DirectX 9 Runtime

Roxio Video Capture USB

Roxio Creator 2011

PhotoShow Express

Roxio Creator 2011

This where the installation starts rolling back.

ends up in a box that says, "Roxio Creator 2011 Wizard was interrupted"

The only thing that ends up being installed is Roxio PhotoShow.

Now, what should I do?

Chris

Ivan,

Thank you for responding to my post.

Well, I did as you suggested. Only, instead of attempting to install the NXT, I decided to try the 2011 again, since it seems like a simpler program and might be easier to install. Anyway, the result was the same as explained in Post #1.

Also, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to use the setup.exe or not. So, I chose to use that.

I was going to send an attachment showing the log for this latest attempt, but couldn't find the attachment option. But, I watched the installation box as the program was being installed. It went as follows:

"Welcome To Creator" (blue chrome window) There may have been something prior to this. But, I may have missed it.

DirectX 9 Runtime

Roxio Video Capture USB

Roxio Creator 2011

PhotoShow Express

Roxio Creator 2011

This where the installation starts rolling back.

ends up in a box that says, "Roxio Creator 2011 Wizard was interrupted"

The only thing that ends up being installed is Roxio PhotoShow.

Now, what should I do?

Chris

Same same text zip file. http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/74120-posting-a-picturescreen-cap-on-roxio/

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/69563-getting-installation-log-files/

cdanteek,

Thank you for your reply to my post(s).

To begin, I, to the best of my abilities, deleted all remnants of any Roxio Creator programs with their folders and files from my hard drive. I restarted my computer. Then, I disabled all of the startup items in System Configuration. After restarting, I disabled my firewall and antivirus program.

Then, I attempted to install my Creator 2011 using the Installation DVD. It ended in a rollback. I've attached a LogFile. It isn't the most recent. But, it is the most recent that isn't larger than the allotted 5GB. LogFile 12-11-08 10-45.zip

Next, I went to Programs, located a Roxio folder that was put there by the download. I used the setup.exe to try to install the program. Again, I got a rollback.

So, here I am with no Roxio Creation programs.

I wouldn't care so much about this if it weren't for the fact that I cannot access my projects because they are .dmsd and .dmsm files.

I really need some help in hopefully resolving this.

Thank you.

Chris

Well, I'm back. I took about two weeks off from trying to deal with this problem of not being able to install Creator NXT Pro. Now, I want to work on it again.

Today, I removed everything from my computer that I could that has to do with Roxio. I double-checked everything that is listed in "000012552 - Preparing your computer for installing Roxio products" and I think everything is okay. I double-checked the "Minimum System Requirements" and am still okay there. Also, as recommended in "...installing Roxio products", I disabled all startup items and my antivirus program.

Then, I attempted to install the Creator NXT Pro. It seemed to go really well until it got to the installing of "Creator NXT Pro" with its "Updating Component Registration". Then, it started the rollback. I did this five times altogether and got the same results. I've attached a zip file of the log file 12-11-28 17-09.zip. Also, I've attached a file of the DirectX that's on my computer DxDiag.txt in case that's needed.

I would still appreciate some help with this issue. I'm just not knowledgeable enough to be able to solve this myself.

Thank you.

Chris

I have really enjoyed using Roxio Creator products in the past and have been using them for a few years. I have been able to create some really nice slideshows/DVD shows using music backgrounds and photos that I've taken. However, I am now so frustrated and disappointed in Roxio, that I think I'm going to give up. I've been working on trying to reinstall my old Creator 2011 and/or my new Creator NXT Pro for weeks now and haven't succeeded. So, you can see that I don't give up easily.

I appreciate the help that you guys have given me in the past and the help that you have tried giving me with my present issue. I've even contacted Corel about my installation problems and they are really slow to respond and haven't been of any help to me so far.

Oh, by the way, the last two times that I attempted the installation of NXT, I got to the part where I have to put the Product Key in and it wouldn't be accepted. I guess that I've used it so many times while trying to install the program that I now get a message that says, "Key has been used too many times".

So, here I am still--no Roxio Creator.

However, one thing I would like to know is if the productions that I've created while using Roxio Creator 2011 (.dmsd and .dmsm files) and are saved on my hard drive can somehow be opened without having Roxio on my computer. If so, how? If not, does that mean that all my work is down the drain?

I'm still looking to you guys for some help.

Thanks.

Chris

Those are proprietary project files and nothing else will open them. They are roadmaps to what you have in the project.

Wow! I can hardly believe this--I finally got my Creator 2011 installed! I decided to try one more time to install this program before throwing in the towel. I don't think that I did anything differently than I've been doing. I just copied the files from the disk to a folder on my desktop and selected setup.exe. I can now get into the productions that I've created.

Now, if and when I get to the point that I can and want to try installing the Creator NXT Pro, do I have to uninstall the 2011 first? I don't want to lose what I've got. But, I would still like to upgrade to the NXT Pro.

Should I attempt to install the NXT (if I can get the Registration Key issue solved) or should I just leave good enough alone?

Also, while typing this, I got the reply from Digital Guru. Thanks for replying. I kinda figured that what you said is the case.

Still need help though.

Thanks.

Chris

Great !

I installed NXT over Creator 2011 without any issues. The program itself deletes some applications so they can be reinstalled but you should have no issues losing your work. Is there anything in NXT that you really want? The Corel Photo editing program is better than the Roxio PhotoSuite. That is a stand alone installed program.

Do you use CinePlayer to play HD/blu-ray videos? That is one where you have to make sure that you have the blu-ray updater somewhere else on your computer so you can reinstall it. The DVD player in NXT is very limited; it will play only the DVD you make.

There are some other differences. Look in thise section of the forum to see the discussions.

Just remember to keep that anti-virus off !

I hate when people say - "The Next time" but in this case, try deleting programs using Revo Pro Uninstaller using the Moderate Mode. There is a free trial. It does delete partially installed/uninstalled programs. Soe you don't have to monkey with the register. The standard version is freeware and works almost as well.

Edited by sknis

Originally, I wanted to get rid of my Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 and just use one program for everything I do which includes editing and organizing photos, using photos for slideshow and DVD productions, and editing music to use in the background. When I saw that NXT Pro seems to be capable of being used for photo editing and organizing through PaintShop Pro, I figured that this would be a good opportunity to switch. Now, I'm not so sure. I think I'm getting cold feet, mainly because of all the installation problems I've had. I've had good success with Photoshop's organization and editing capabilities. I've also had good success with Creator 2011. What is your opinion as to what I should do?

Thanks.

Chris

PaintShop Pro is a stand alone add-on program and is not integrated into Creator NXT in any way.

My personal opinion is to install only the Paint Shop Pro program and donate the rest of the program to a family member as a Holiday gift !

Doesn't Elements 9 give you organizational functionality? My Elements 8 does.

If you bought NXT directly from Roxio on-line store in the last 30 days, get your money back.

Thanks, you guys, for your help. I appreciate the time and effort that you put in on trying to help me resolve my issue.

I've decided, however, to throw in the towel and try to return my product to Roxio and get my money reimbursed, even though it's been a little over thirty days.

On the up side, though, I now have my Creator 2011 reinstalled and it seems to be working.

Thanks again.

Chris