New To This And Have A Few Questions.

CamaroMan79

Question

I downloaded the free 15 day trail of Photonow last night and have been working on a 100+ picture slideshow of my vacation for the past few days and am running into a problem.

I am wanting to make the slideshow so it will change the background picture/color as it is going from picture to picture. I would really like the background to change every 5 pictures or so, but I cannot figure out how to do that. I have the title slide with the background I want but when the slideshow starts, the background goes to a default? redish background.

IS there any way to change this?

I have a swirl effect for my style and an Indie effect for my title if that matters.

Edited by CamaroMan79

9 answers to this question

If you really have Photonow, you are in the wrong place. That is a Cyberlink product I think.. I cannot find it on their current site. You posted in the PhotoShow section of the Roxio/Corel user to user forum. If you have the trial version of PhotoShow you cannot make the changes that you describe. PhotoShow is designed to be a canned, easy to use program to make and share slide shows. and being such, it has some limited functionality.

Please respond with the name of the software you are using. You may need software with more functionality like Roxio's My DVD Video Lab or Creator NXT (or earlier versions). They do not have trial versions. You could also look at one of these (link) Corel products.

Sorry I meant PhotoSHOW. I Have the premium version.

Also, how do I add a video? DO I just click on the "add picture" button and do it that way? The reason I ask is because I tried it that away and I seet an erroe message when I select the video and try to add it saying "the following items could not be added to your photoshow" and then it states the name of the video. It is an .avi video so i thought that was the problem so I tried converting it to a .wma and when I try to add it to my photoshow it doesnt evne show up in my videos folder on my computer. Just the original .avi shows up"

If I go out of Photoshow and open "my videos" on my hard drive the converted video file shows up. What gives? I also tried converting to mpeg and I get the same problem. It doenst show up through photoshow.

What you can add as a video to a PhotoShow is very limited and depends on if you are using the desktop version ofr the on-line version; the same for music.

For the online version, you can add:

Video clips

Roxio PhotoShow supports video clips in the following formats: AVI, MPEG1, MPEG2, MOV,
WMV,
MP4, M4V, and QT.

The maximum file size of a video clip that can be uploaded to a PhotoShow is
50 MB

For the desktop version,:

Video clips

Roxio PhotoShow supports video clips in the following formats: AVI, MPEG1, and MOV.

The maximum file size of a video clip which can be included in a PhotoShow is 50 MB.

My guess is that either/both the video file is too large or is a compressed AVI (like XVid) rather than a DV-AVI. There are many kinds of AVI. and only some of them work. I would stick with wmv but reduce the size to the less than 50 MB.

Edited by sknis

OK thanks.

One other problem I am having today is picture speed.

It will not let me set the speed at which the picture changes to the next one. It doesn't matter if I have it set on automatic with the slider adjusted or if I have it set to per photo with a desired amount of seconds typed in.

It always defaults back to about 7-8 seconds per picture even though it says down below the preview window what on each picture what the selected speed is (In my case 12 seconds)

Even though it says 12 seconds on each picture it is not displaying for that long.

What is going on?

Edited by CamaroMan79

Part of the time is taken up by the transition from one image to another and depends on the theme you are using. I just tried it and you are partially correct. I doubled the display time for one of my images and although it was longer, it was not the 15 seconds I had selected.

Have you tried putting in a much longer time for a couple of images?

Part of the time is taken up by the transition from one image to another and depends on the theme you are using. I just tried it and you are partially correct. I doubled the display time for one of my images and although it was longer, it was not the 15 seconds I had selected.

Have you tried putting in a much longer time for a couple of images?

Yes. Still no change. Still 7-8 seconds. On most of them. A few pictures go longer but not all of them. The program is picking and choosing which pictures to make longer by itself,.

Sorry, I don't know what else to tell you. Have you tried a different theme to see if that will work? Unless you have a lot of text, 7-8 seconds is pretty good. People can see and identify what the image is. Much longer and it gets boring. My personal observation and preferences but that doesn't solve your issue.