Can't Burn A Music Dvd - Split From Totally Unrelated Hijacked Thread

i also am having troublewith creator nXT I just got a email response from support that said that was supposed to be 4 files in the download I got three but I opted for the upgrade. The install looked okay but soon after my PC had trouble shutting down until I uninstalled Roxio then I tried to burn a music DVD and it was okay until I reached the burn when I hit burn it locked up at Roxio stopped responding. Prior to this I would get Windows that had empty boxes where you hit next so I did a repair install and this fixed that problem but could still not burn a DVD.

I have a HP Windows 7home six gig of memory 600 gig disk space 500 left or free to use to have no problem burning music DVD's Roxio 2012 worked okay but n XT is a real problem .

forgot to givethis information

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

Install Language: English (United States)

System Locale: English (United States)

Installed: 12/1/2010 12:56:10 PM Hewlett-Packard HPE-410t xxx0204GRxxxxxxxx0

System Serial Number: XXXXXXX

Asset Tag: 2MD047141S

Enclosure Type: Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i5 760

64 kilobyte primary memory cache

256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache

64-bit ready

Multi-core (4 total)

Not hyper-threaded

Edited to remove system serial number.

Edited by grandpabruce

i also am having troublewith creator nXT I just got a email response from support that said that was supposed to be 4 files in the download I got three but I opted for the upgrade. The install looked okay but soon after my PC had trouble shutting down until I uninstalled Roxio then I tried to burn a music DVD and it was okay until I reached the burn when I hit burn it locked up at Roxio stopped responding. Prior to this I would get Windows that had empty boxes where you hit next so I did a repair install and this fixed that problem but could still not burn a DVD.

Detailed step by step what your doing and in what application.

Are you encoding and burning in one step?

This is NXT Pro four files.

post-97-0-31720000-1352569190_thumb.jpg

I am not using one step burning

I click on audio, right click on DVD music disc, add tracks by highlighting and then hit the ad key, I then select menus, and then I go to burn and click on burn and that's when N XT stops responding no error messages it just stops responding and hangs and then I have to use task manager to get out have done many music disc DVD this way only this one stops responding it also causes PC to not shut down

I had removed 2012 Roxio in order to try my copy of Nero and then I deleted Nero and reinstalled 2012 Roxio and then purchased NXT I bought the upgrade version of NXT. That's it I get no error messages it just us responding and stops my PC from shutting down

Edited by brasstownjim

How about doing a proper Repair???

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc (download version - run Install)

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Check for updates when you start the program.

Follow all of the steps ;)

I reinstalled creator 2012 everything went smoothly no errors I tried to use make a music DVD everything went okay until I got to burn set up in the window the okay button which is between help and cancel was grayed out so I could not burn inversion 2012 either totally mystified

Was the correct burner checked and the correct blank media inserted in that drive?

post-97-0-26731800-1352827910_thumb.jpg

thanks Jim a repair is the first thing I did when I didn't work I did everything you said except turning on and off the norton stuff forgot to point out I am doing an upgrade from 2012 should make much difference

Do it again using those instructions...

It does not always work the first time through ;)

Jim,

I got new NXT files from Roxio I then turned off Norton and reinstalled then I tried to make a DVD music disc and the same thing happens in the meantime I sent Roxio a diagnostic file and some other stuff in a kicked it up to level II haven't heard from them since soon as I hit burn and it goes to parents set up the stops responding the only thing I haven't done is install in safe mode

another thing this time I cannot cancel Roxio 32 either through and process or the red X just locked it gets worse and worse

Edited by brasstownjim

I go through the entire process of making a DVD music disc you select files you select style and then the last step you hit burn when I hit burn the parents set up comes up listing the drive with the correct drive Checked however the okay button is blanked this time not even task manager Ken and the process is locked up everything regarding Roxio

also I cannot seem to get back to my already opened questions within support anybody know how to fix that they are transitioning to coral but in the process and cut us off from support in the 30 days will have run out

Edited by brasstownjim

I go through the entire process of making a DVD music disc you select files you select style and then the last step you hit burn when I hit burn the parents set up comes up listing the drive with the correct drive Checked however the okay button is blanked this time not even task manager Ken and the process is locked up everything regarding Roxio

also I cannot seem to get back to my already opened questions within support anybody know how to fix that they are transitioning to coral but in the process and cut us off from support in the 30 days will have run out

Could you please reread your posts before submitting! As they are, they hardly make any sense. Paying abit of attention to grammar and spelling would help a lot.

:lol::D:lol:one little typo...

Let's try something else. I am guessing that you are using the DVD Music Assistant?

Try adding just one song and use one from Windows Sample Music so we can eliminate any problems of your Source.

Then burn to an ISO File using that option in burn:

post-39730-0-37627400-1353325460_thumb.jpg

If that completes, try a new project with one of your songs.

Then 2 or 3...

See what happens ;)

Could you please reread your posts before submitting! As they are, they hardly make any sense. Paying abit of attention to grammar and spelling would help a lot.

I have removed Roxio NXTnothing I do seems to get it to work

I always thought it wasimproper net etiquette to go after spelling and grammar of the poster however I am disabled I use Dragon sometimes Dragon makes mistakes

what postthat I write something you did not understand? I stated I went through the make DVD music disc process than I selected style before that I added tracks and then I hit burn after hittingburn or clicking burn everything locks up and states non-respondingI have removed and reinstalled five times with no results I tried to use the last suggestion of clicking the save image but the drive was not correct so another problem and think them as well request a refund unless support comes up with an idea but I can't even get back to update my questions give them information or anything since they changed over to Corel

I have removed Roxio NXTnothing I do seems to get it to work

I always thought it wasimproper net etiquette to go after spelling and grammar of the poster however I am disabled I use Dragon sometimes Dragon makes mistakes

what postthat I write something you did not understand? I stated I went through the make DVD music disc process than I selected style before that I added tracks and then I hit burn after hittingburn or clicking burn everything locks up and states non-respondingI have removed and reinstalled five times with no results I tried to use the last suggestion of clicking the save image but the drive was not correct so another problem and think them as well request a refund unless support comes up with an idea but I can't even get back to update my questions give them information or anything since they changed over to Corel

I apologize for my post as I had no way of knowing your situation. Unfortunately there are too many posts nowadays with such poor grammar/spelling that it is difficult to understand what they are trying to say. I do not consider it improper netiquette to make ones posts readable and/or understandable.

I tried to use the last suggestion of clicking the save image but the drive was not correct so another problem and think them as well request a refund unless support comes up with an idea but I can't even get back to update my questions give them information or anything since they changed over to Corel

When select "image" did you also uncheck the Burn Disc checkbox?

============

Sir

I do not use my handicap as

an excuse never have never will the other gentleman felt more inclined to correct my grammar and English rather than help me with the issue now you're doing the same thing and stereotyping me as well this is what happens when you deal with spelling and grammar rather than support issues whenever someone posts something I don't understand I usually ask them to clarify I don't attack their spelling and grammar are not in English teacher I am just someone looking for help .the only reason I brought up handicap at all was to try and explain the problem the gentleman was having that he could not understand or read my question to you that's using my handicap as an excuse so perhaps I should've just not explained at all .

the last time I reinstalled Roxio and tried the DVD music disc it brought up something saying that files were missing and that I needed to do a repair which I did on still getting that message even though I think everything was deleted the last time I tried to burn files it showed in the DVDmusic disc burn set up only one drive whereas it was showing threebefore which I have and the one it showed was the wrong drive this is probably due to the message to repairin that the repair did not work on taking I have to reinstall this thing and try again your last suggestion

Understood!

I cannot really tell if the 'missing ???' is something within a saved Project (dmsa)

Or file(s) from your install...

I don't think it is from the program since the repair would (should) fix that.

For A Test - start a New Project (keep it simple) and see if it will burn to a disc Image File.

I tried to install in safe mode and got the error message that the NXT I downloaded is the wrong one for windows seven home

No, that message indicates it somehow got switched into Windows Compatibility Mode :huh:

You will need to start it through Windows Explorer by clicking on Properties and clearing the Compatibility Checkbox!

(note this is disc I burned of my download so it may not be exactly as yours appears)

post-39730-0-13660700-1353675681_thumb.jpg

That should remove that obstical and allow you to install ;)

Did you try the new project as I suggested???

Edited by Jim_Hardin