• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Disc Loader In Roxio Nxt?

Techdabbler

Question

I upgraded to Windows 8 and since the version of Roxio Creator Pro I had was not completely compatible, I bought an upgrade to Creator NXT Pro at the same time. I did a clean install of both Windows 8 and Roxio Creator NXT Pro.

I used to be able to mount an ISO file as a drive in the old version. Now I can't. The disc image loader seems to be missing. Looking around the Creator NXT Pro installation directory, I see a folder called C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio Creator NXT\Virtual Drive\1033, and in that file I see a single icon file with the name AboutDIL. But nothing to actually do anything.

When I go to Media Manager, I can add ISO files to my media, but when I select and go try to "Open with Disc Image Loader", nothing happens.

Is this feature gone?

25 answers to this question

I upgraded to Windows 8 and since the version of Roxio Creator Pro I had was not completely compatible, I bought an upgrade to Creator NXT Pro at the same time. I did a clean install of both Windows 8 and Roxio Creator NXT Pro.

I used to be able to mount an ISO file as a drive in the old version. Now I can't. The disc image loader seems to be missing. Looking around the Creator NXT Pro installation directory, I see a folder called C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio Creator NXT\Virtual Drive\1033, and in that file I see a single icon file with the name AboutDIL. But nothing to actually do anything.

When I go to Media Manager, I can add ISO files to my media, but when I select and go try to "Open with Disc Image Loader", nothing happens.

Is this feature gone?

Open the NXT home page, select Tools|Load Disc Image. Does this tool work for you?

From the NXT home page, there is no Tools|Load Disc Image. To get that option, I have to choose Tools|Browse and Manage Media, which opens the Media Manager. Then from there, I can add an ISO file to my media. And after that, I can select the ISO and the File|Open with Disc Image Loader is no longer greyed out, But when I select File|Open with Disc Image Loader, nothing happens,

From the NXT home page, there is no Tools|Load Disc Image. To get that option, I have to choose Tools|Browse and Manage Media, which opens the Media Manager. Then from there, I can add an ISO file to my media. And after that, I can select the ISO and the File|Open with Disc Image Loader is no longer greyed out, But when I select File|Open with Disc Image Loader, nothing happens,

Tools|Load Disc Image is on the menu bar (select the Tools menu, then a list of options appears in which you select Load Disc Image).

post-114-0-76569200-1353111557_thumb.jpg

Edited by malatekid

Well, then... I see a problem, because that choice is absent. Every other choice is there, but "Load Disc Image" is completely non-existent,

Is this something that is, for some reason, absent when NXT Pro is installed on Windows 8?

I don't have Windows 8 system to be able to check it out. I will ask around.

Hopefully, someone that has Windows 8 and NXT drops in and let us know.

I get the same as Techdabbler in a W-8 no previous Roxio products installed.

post-97-0-97201300-1353164865_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-01440000-1353164865_thumb.jpg

Does it work?

The NXT file only contains a about DIL png file, the 2011 folder contains the whole Virtual Drive program.

Yes, it does work. Once the Load Disc Image option is selected, my system prompted me that a new hardware was found. Then a dialogue box says I need to restart the system - I chose not to restart. The disc image (iso) of the home video I made played fine in VLC but no audio in both Cineplayer and Corel WinDVD.

I can also browse the files inside the image file. The DiscImageLoader14.exe is the driving program.

post-114-0-50343300-1353178034_thumb.jpg

post-114-0-91275700-1353178460_thumb.jpg

Well, according to the installation instructions in this thread http://forums.suppor...on-w-8-x64-pro/ what we who are installing without a previous product present are seeing the same thing as what is in that thread.

They're not instructions per se, but the experiences of Cdanteek who is the person who has been investigating it with you on THIS thread.

We're still digging into this to find out why things are happening like they do.

Brendon

Now that is pretty astounding!

It's a little bit off though. ISO files are associated with Roxio. They show in explorer with the small Roxio icon, and when I double click on one the Roxio Burn Disc Image window comes up.

However, if I right click on an ISO file, a pop-up menu shows including an "Open with->" choice available. I can choose WinZip, which I have installed, or Windows Explorer. if I chose Windows Explorer, THEN the ISO mounts!

So, cool. Problem solved. THANK YOU!

On a side note, astronomers recently found a gigantic black hole in a surprisingly small galaxy. They have been mystified because current models do not predict a mechanism for formation of such a large black hole in such a small galaxy. Another mystery solved though. It is obviously co-located with Corel second level support and has bulked up with the enormous number of issues going in and never coming out.

I'm going to be punished for that, I know. But I couldn't resist.

Edited by Techdabbler

Now that is pretty astounding!

It's a little bit off though. ISO files are associated with Roxio. They show in explorer with the small Roxio icon, and when I double click on one the Roxio Burn Disc Image window comes up.

However, if I right click on an ISO file, a pop-up menu shows including an "Open with->" choice available. I can choose WinZip, which I have installed, or Windows Explorer. if I chose Windows Explorer, THEN the ISO mounts!

So, cool. Problem solved. THANK YOU!

On a side note, astronomers recently found a gigantic black hole in a surprisingly small galaxy. They have been mystified because current models do not predict a mechanism for formation of such a large black hole in such a small galaxy. Another mystery solved though. It is obviously co-located with Corel second level support and has bulked up with the enormous number of issues going in and never coming out.

I'm going to be punished for that, I know. But I couldn't resist.

But his is the Windows 8 way of mounting ISO, not Roxio so still there is a missing function that we pay for.

/Henke

I have Roxio NXT Pro running under Windows 7. Apparently, the Disc Image Loader was not in included as part of the main menu. I found the application at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio Creator NXT\Virtual Drive\DiscImageLoader14.exe. It appears to work as always.

Under Windows 8 you just doubleclick the ISO file and Windows will open the file with a Virtule Drive.