LLAMARAMA

Pc Output Resolution From Capture Card

Question

My monitor is normally at a crisp clean 16:10 1920x1200 ratio up until i plug my capture card in.

When my pc his hooked up to the capture card the resolution changes from what it should be, to 16:9 and 1920x1080, it also drops my monitors refresh rate from 60hz down to 25hz allowing me to go as high as 50hz for some reason making my image boxed and gritty to my eyes and i hate it.

So i was wondering how do i change what the resolution of my capture card is, so that i can capture on my monitors proper size? Ive tinkered in the control panel for about 3 days now and other stuff but i cant change it because it doesn't recognize the screen size as even being a possibility for me to choose or the ratio.

Edited by LLAMARAMA
  • Like 1

yeah its a problem I have had from day 1 :( but i cant fix it. I've tried different usb cables and hdmi cables but they all work fine that i have.

Edited by LLAMARAMA

Can you try another Monitor???

Wondering what it will do with a plain jane 1920 X 1080 like most of us have :lol:

And to make sure I understand you right, you are using this Monitor from the Pass-Through?

Or is this anytime the GameCAP HD is connected to your PC via USB???

Its only an issue when im using it as a pass-through to my monitor from my pc. I can have it plugged in and it doesn't do anything to the pc everything is normal till I switch it over.

I think i can find a way to connect to a different monitor ill just have to get a converter for the hdmi to dvi to make it work and ill let you know.

Its only an issue when im using it as a pass-through to my monitor from my pc. I can have it plugged in and it doesn't do anything to the pc everything is normal till I switch it over.

I think i can find a way to connect to a different monitor ill just have to get a converter for the hdmi to dvi to make it work and ill let you know.

Disabling your custom scaling might help but I doubt it(helped with my 1920x1080 monitor). I have a monitor that is 1650x1050 and it is describing what you're experiencing. It's annoying, but I gotta live with it. Please tell me if converter fixes anything.

Something is not right here......

From the Roxio capture card OUT, one connection is the USB cable to your computer (which includes a Monitor).

the other is either component or HDMI cable to a TV or monitor (external, not on the same monitor as the computer).

I am confused as to how you have yours hooked up.

I have finals coming up next week so haven't had time to get the converter to try it out on a different monitor but I have the USB from my computer to the capture card for power and connection to the computer, as well as an hdmi from my graphics card to the capture card, then another hdmi out of the capture card and then into my monitor and that is when I have the problem with the resolution.

what confused you I think is when I said that the border problem isn't and issue with just the card plugged in with the USB cable and it is not being a pass through to the monitor.

Im also using 2 monitors on my computer, capture one and use software on the other.

Edited by LLAMARAMA

Soooo you are Playing the game ON your PC??? That is why you have the HDMI from your PC to the GameCAP?

So when you can get to it, try changing the monitors to see if there is any improvement to the one receiving the Pass Through HDMI ;)

Yes i am playing on the pc, and the HDMI is from my pc to my GameCAP.

I got an hdmi to DVI converter today, and It worked to get a picture on my 2nd smaller monitor and everything was fine when it was not being used as a pass through.

When I ran the HDMI from my computer to the capture card then out to the same monitor with the same DVI converter it came up with no signal but kept trying to refresh and find it. Ill try and tinker a bit but I dont have high hopes for this converter attachment.

So it does work OK when you use the HDMI output from your PC and the HDMI-DVI converter to your 2nd Monitor...

Just when you add the GameCAP into the mix and try to use its' Pass Through :huh:

What inputs does the 2nd Monitor allow you to use???

My smaller monitor works with VGA and DVI hook ups, my bigger monitor has VGA DVI and HDMI.

The little monitor works without the pass through and while using the converter from hdmi to DVI.

When the pass through with the capture card is used it goes to crap and doesn't work any more on smaller monitor.

Edited by LLAMARAMA

Something is not right here......

From the Roxio capture card OUT, one connection is the USB cable to your computer (which includes a Monitor).

the other is either component or HDMI cable to a TV or monitor (external, not on the same monitor as the computer).

I am confused as to how you have yours hooked up.

I'm confused too!

XBox or PlayStation?

Starting from your console, explain every connection please?

I'm confused too!

XBox or PlayStation?

Starting from your console, explain every connection please?

In Post #12, LLAMARAMA mentioned that he is playing on his PC, and passing the signal to the GameCAP via HDMI.

GameCAP is power & connected to the PC with USB but the Pass Through to another Monitor is fuzzy...

(I think I got that right :lol: )

It is one of the things I want to try when (if) I get one ^_^

In Post #12, LLAMARAMA mentioned that he is playing on his PC, and passing the signal to the GameCAP via HDMI.

GameCAP is power & connected to the PC with USB but the Pass Through to another Monitor is fuzzy...

(I think I got that right :lol: )

It is one of the things I want to try when (if) I get one ^_^

If I got that right he's trying to use it for something it wasn't designed for?

Typical problem in the game capture forums!

:lol: not so sure, I can see that setup...

I can see potential problems if you want to Play and Capture/Stream at the same time :wacko: But I don't see why it would make a fuzzy picture...

Ugh I seriously cant see how I can make my setup anymore clear and basic in words. There is no console, there is a pc desktop that I am playing on as well as running the capture software, no xbox or ps3. please don't tell me I'm using this product for something its not designed for because it clearly states you can use this product to capture pc games in multiple websites and reviews, if you really want me to dig them up and give you links I will, and have for other people in the past telling me its not for pc when it is marketed for pc.

1.-From my PC graphics card there is a HDMI cable that go's to the Roxio Capture card. Visualize please.

2.-There is a USB cable to power said capture card and transfer data from same pc.

3.-FROM the OUTPUT side of the capture card, a 2nd HDMI cable is connected to my 1st monitor. pass through has started and the border now shows up.

4.-I also have audio cables but i have no issues with those.

5.-From the back of my graphics card I have a VGA cable that gives me an image on my 2nd monitor so that i can capture from the first monitor with the HDMI setup, and run software on the other with the VGA from same pc and graphics card.

im seriously going to do an MS paint picture of my cable setup soon if i explain this again.

MY ISSUE!!!

- There is a border around the edge of my screen picture, and it also will not let me change the resolution to the proper size of my monitor in my system settings while using The capture card as a pass through.

-Because of previous explained border it causes my image to be Grainy, distorted, and more or less gross looking. far from hd.

-it was recommended by the ever helpful Jim_hardin, that i should try a converter on my 2nd smaller monitor from dvi->hdmi and this worked when not being used as a pass through but not when the card was added into the mix.

-also if you read all the posts and the development of the issues you may have a better understanding of whats going on cdanteek

Please do not belittle me by saying I'm having a typical problem like others on the forum with this capture card by using it for an improper system or something its not supposedly designed for.

Edited by LLAMARAMA

he's trying to use it for something it wasn't designed for?

I was wrong, a apology is in order!

I found this on the Roxio site.

Capture PC gameplay using graphics cards with HDMI output to the Roxio Game Capture HD PRO capture device.

Nothing else tho, the setup guide is for Consoles only. Maybe the other websites you spoke of can offer you some help?

Or file a support ticket with Roxio/Corel Support.

Rather than strubbling through a drawing, you could just take a picture and post it...

Your last desctiption (Post #20) is pretty darned good for words ;)

IF Any One Else utilizes a setup like this OR could adjust thiers to match this, we would be interested in hearing your observations.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Yeah the most common response I get from people with this same setup with the border issue is "you just got to deal with it" or "i tried support but they never helped in the end" type of answer to the problem.

Yeah the most common response I get from people with this same setup with the border issue is "you just got to deal with it" or "i tried support but they never helped in the end" type of answer to the problem.

Could be an issue with your Video Card or Chip, when used this way... kinda like the squeling loop feedback you get with an open mic... :huh:

What Graphics Card are you using? (make & model)

Radeon HD 5750 is my graphics card.

... pretty good card ~ no more ideas for now :lol:

I do have a GameCAP HD on order and will defiantly try your setup out when it arrives!